The Journey of training a driving horse...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BannerBrat

Reaction score
Having an in-house photographer has its perks
default_smile.png
ALthough on occasion she catches me in some not so glamorous poses- for example, the jaunty tilt of the helmet in her most recent post (Bannerbrat-Driving Critique), LOL- she didnt mention how I was getting ready to leave when she wanted me to try out her newcart in that soaking wet, but oh so fun to drive in field. So I quick put the helpet on- inspite of my ponytail and took Banner for a quick spin around the field.

Anyway, said "Moment Capturer" came home from work just as I was getting ready to work Buck. So she grabbed her camera to capture our progress. ;)

We just added blinders in order to make him "more rounded and experienced" in his work. Over the past week and a half I have been working him in blinders, ground driving in the round pen, then around the yard. Today we hitched with them. Now he has been driven in an open bridle before this- he is very green, but has been hitched and driven about 8 times before this.

He was a little edgy at first but settled into his work and we both had fun.

So- without further ado....here we are today.

Starting off...a little full of it...Mom, why do I have to wear these?

371187507.jpg

Warming up, nice free walk past the garden...

371186788.jpg

Cornering LOL....trotting nicely along...

371187119.jpg

Headed around to the other side of the yard....

371187435.jpg

371187436.jpg

Ash thought I should include this last one LOL...she said it looked like I was snarling...I thought I looked lost LOL

I am so proud of my little guy. We have no plans of showing, just having fun, enjoying each others company and trying to better ourselves.

Thanks for looking,

Angie

Thanks Twister LOL,

What a confusiing double post....My daughter was logged in when I typed it, so I thought I cold copy and paste it and wala- now there is two LOL...

Angie

Back