The good news is the mare is okay.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
With the highest of hopes, we've been waiting for this foal. Our beloved Pewter champion (HOF) was bred to Kim (Willowood's) amazing stallion, Mirage. At only 281 days, she lost the foal. I had the vet out, of course, and it was ALL he could do to get it untangled. One back leg was up between the frong legs which were crisscrossed, and the head was turned back like a sleeping dog. The vet thought I must have had my breeding dates wrong because he said it was so well developed already for just nine months, but we only hand breed so I know exactly how far along she was. It was a beautiful black colt that was probably going to turn grey and be a replica of his sire C-Jo (also HOF). We are soooo sad and disappointed, but I just THANK GOD that my Pewter is alright.

Pewter's dam is also bred to Mirage and is only one day behind in gestation, and my Cloud mare (HOF) is also in foal to him, due in July. We have another mare bred to a friend's stallion, and she's due in about a month's time. I hope all our trouble is out of the way now and that these mares will have textbook deliveries.

So sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
I hope the rest of your foaling season goes off without a hitch. Thank goodness your little mare is okay, but I'm sorry for the hurt you're feeling from this loss. Its never, ever easy.

Hugs

Jodi

default_sad.png
I am so sorry, glad your Pewter is ok.

Very sad I am glad your mare is ok though

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your colt and as you said - Thank goodness your mare is fine.

I am so sorry for your loss, please know I'm sending you prayers and warm fuzzies.

[SIZE=12pt]so sad, sorry this has happened. wonderful to hear your mare is o.k. though, Nikki[/SIZE]

Very sad for you over losing the foal.
default_sad.png
But giving thanks your special mare is okay........

MA

Awww. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad you could save Pewter.

My thoughts are with you and she.

I hope all the others to foal are just fine and perfect, healthy...

Liz M.

Glad your mare Pewter is doing good, but so sorry that we've lost yet another foal this season. What is it with all the tangled up legs and turned back heads?

Rita

Sorry to hear that you loss the foal but am glad that your mare is okay. Hope the rest of your foaling season goes perfect.

Judy so sorry to hear about the loss of your foal but glad that your mare will be ok. Hoping that the rest of your foaling season turns out fine for you.We lost a filly foal at 9 months that was shoulder and then hip locked but our mare is fine. That is how we started our foaling season . We now have had 3 foals in the last few days 2 more on the way. One anytime now and one in May.

I'm so sorry for your loss! :no: I know how heartbreaking that is when they get so close. I have one now that the last time she was in foal aborted at 9 months(foal was upside down and backward and a begger to get out)...well she's due now and looking good, I'm keeping everything crossed for a healthy foal this time. I'm glad Pewter is okay and maybe next time she'll go to term for you.

So sorry to hear about your foal. We lost a gorgeous bay tovero foal with blue eyes on thursday. Like yours he was much anticipated. Our mare Rainey is recovering from a c-section. Its tough I know. Sheila

I am so very sorry to hear this Judy and Kim. I know you both must have been devastated after waiting so long to see the wee one. I am also glad your mare is fine and that you have others bred to him. Hugs to each of you.

Latest posts

Back