The Dog Survey!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- Ten. Some were "family" dogs, one was a friend's who came to stay. Four are/were "mine".

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? -- yes

3. Male or Female? -- Males for me.

4. Favorite color of dog? – Any! Not as keen on white (I don't like white horses, either!)

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – Ugh, neither! STHU!

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? --grocery store bags or I have a pooper scooper I carry around at shows.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses! Finn has a fetish with feet, and can clean your face and almost suck your eyeballs out. Poopy-Toby is notorious for trying to clean out your sinuses, via your nostrils. Bleah.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes, I’m at work and I have a picture of each of my dogs on my cubby! AND some of my ponies! No people, though.

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – Yuppers.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Tweezers or hemastats, no fingers if possible!

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Clippers, want to try the dremel.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- Both. Finn on the bottom and Poopy right up against me.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? No, not really. Yes on the horses!

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? No.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? If you consider horse shows a vacation, then yes!

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? Nothing but a Lab for me from now on!

17. Do you compete with your dogs? no

18. Kibble or Canned? Kibble

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels and the Bissell.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Sometimes. Only if I see him "do it" close. They tend to go into the hayfield- wayyy into the hayfield.

21. Do you think your dogs like you? No fear! They ADORE me!

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Finn: PLAY with me more! Poopy: Lap, please!

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Poopy wears coats in the winter. He has a thin coat.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? Not sure, my guys are strictly pets.

25. Does dog hair bother you? Only in my food.

to anwser question #1, since I'm and old woman, please excuse me, as I don't remember! Right now I have 5

#2, yes

#3, makes no difference

#4, brindle

#5, forgot the question, got to go back, neither, but by JR barks, my female bullie whines

#6, At shows or away from home, I use baggies, at home I use a scooper

#7, My Jack likes to lick my feet in bed, my male bullie is a face washer love an appreciate both.

#8, I'll never finish as I need to keep going back, yes,

#9 yes but not know they are on advantiz

#10, Yes I have, but not know they don't have any

#11, I use dog nail clipper, did have others, gave them away

#12, three sleep with me, two in the laudry room, as they go potty in the house.

#13, No

#14, no

#15, Yes,

#16, bullies, I have two english bulldogs! but I've had almost all breeds

#18, kibble

#17, No used to show, but not now, used to show American Black & Tan cockers

#19, paper towels, no carpet in my house, I have dogs

#20, Yes

#21, my dogs think the sun rises in my face

#22, I love you Mom!

#23, My female bullie loves to dress up in a sweater or a tu tu.

#24, I would like to be more....seriously can't think of anything, dogs have been my life

#25, I don't mind dog hair, but I do need to wash my sheets often, as I don't like it tickling me in bed, but to be honest some of my clothes and towels are pre haired as they get into the laundry while I fold.

The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- I'm counting dogs growing up, dogs my parents have owned (I see them several times a week and love them, too), and the dogs H and I have owned -- 18

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? -- no! Ew!

3. Male or Female? -- Males for me.

4. Favorite color of dog? – I like white w/ markings or color with white

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – woof woof!

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? -- our yard + my husband + a pooper scooper - me

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses! All but one of our dogs, who we adopted as an adult a long time ago, will give kisses. Watson will kiss the tip of my nose but then nip it at the same time...

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes. I have pictures in my office, on my phones, and on my laptop...

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – No. (Are you trying to make me feel like a wimp with these questions?)

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Another job for Harvey. He uses his fingers.

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Clippers. I will need to google Dremel -- I've never heard of it before now!

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- FIVE shih-tzu's, Watson, Wilson, Willow, Wylie & Whitney.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? -- Somewhat.

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? -- Not really, but at the same time, I would not purchase a home that wasn't suitable for our fur kids.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? -- Home's my favorite place and I don't go on vaccations but when I travel for business, I miss them very much!

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? -- I cannot imagine life w/o a Shih-tzu. If I couldn't have a shih-tzu, I might look into a french bulldog or pug.

17. Do you compete with your dogs? no.

18. Kibble or Canned? Free Choice Kibble all the time, canned food or homemade food for dinner. Dogs & Horses eat before we do.

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels (hardwood floors and tile throughout the house)... and yes, I mean IF H is not home.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? No, unless I'm worried one is sick.

21. Do you think your dogs like you? I think they love me more than anyone else in the world.

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? "I love you, Mommy."

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? No.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I would like to be a better or more consistant "Doggy Chef" because I worry about them eating commercial food with all the recalls and just the knowledge that the quality / cleanliness of the foods is not what I would wish it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- 16 2were family dogs when I was young the rest my personal dogs. 2 at present

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? -- sometimes but I prefer to use a tissue

3. Male or Female? --I've had both but prefer females mostly

4. Favorite color of dog? –black and tan or fawn

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – I dislike both if it continues and has no purpose

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? --grocery store bags for the big dogs and sandwich bags (I keep a box of them handy in my glove compartment for when we go to the city) for the small dog At home we just scoop with a child's plastic shovel

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses but really prefer it be kept to a minimum

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – There are pictures of my dogs and horses in my house and my husband has one for his desk but we haven't gotten any for our new girl yet.

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – I've never had to deal with them

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Again, no experience with external parasites on my dogs (lets hope I can always say that)

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Dremel when the dog has been trained for it but clippers when they haven't

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- None, my boston slept with us for a year and a half but now prefers her crate at night

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? No

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? Occasionally

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? I would get another Bullmastiff in a heart beat (we just lost our wonderful male bully ) but am considering a German shorthaired pointer as a possibility some day

17. Do you compete with your dogs? No

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels and store grocery bags then disinfectant wipes

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Not often

21. Do you think your dogs like you? Yes but they also respect me

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you?Abby - "got any snacks?" Sasha - "Do you really like me? Really really?"

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Abby has been known to where pearls and has a sweater for cold days and a tshirt but as a rule no. Besides Abby really hates to be dressed up

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? Not sure, I'm thinking I'd like to train a dog to track which would require I develop some skills in that area too.

25. Does dog hair bother you? Not much, I do get tired of vacuuming every day sometime tho.

That's ironic, my female bullies name is Abby, and one of my favorite all time dogs was a bullmastiff named Ruby.

That's ironic, my female bullies name is Abby, and one of my favorite all time dogs was a bullmastiff named Ruby.
default_smile.png
Ruby is oddly enough one of the names we considered for our Rotti pup, Sasha. Funny coincidence.

The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- MANY! I can honerstly say I don;t know off the top of my head, as I have raised and shown dogs for about 10 years. I never had a kennel, they were just kept in the house with us, but they came and went so without looking at records of long ago, I honestly cannot say.

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? --
default_yes.gif

3. Male or Female? -- Makes no difference to me.

4. Favorite color of dog? – Normally anything but mainly black or black and tan. I like the "brighter" colors and lovethe vivid white markings to go along with it.

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – NEITHER! BUT, if I had to choose, I thik I would choose the whiner over the barker, providing both were occassional and not constant.

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? - Garbage bags. I pooperscoop and send off to the dump each week. I do not go out to walk my dog for potty purposes, so I don't carry anything specific with me if we are out for a walk. (She'll wait until we get back home) If ever we are out in the car and stop alongside the road at a rest stop and one happerns to poop, I always have plastic grocery bags to use for garbage bags in the car, that I can use.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes, a whole computer full of them!
default_yes.gif

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – No, I have not seen a flea around here in I bet 25 years! (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!) But in the past, when I saw my dog to have fleas, I would spray everyone and everything down and sweep up whatever there was. Now woodticks I can and do pull off with my fingers...sometimes squishing them, sometimes burning/popping them.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – OOPS...I guess I answered that one already. LOL!

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Nail Clippers

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? - None overnight...only Monkey any other time. We do not allow the large breeds on the furniture. Anything larger than a Whippet gets the floor.
default_yes.gif

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? YES!

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? No

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? We don't really vacation, but I guess the couple of times we did go on trips that were not to family members, we did not take the dogs. When we go to family, we generally take the dogs.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? There are MANY that I would love to own...some we have. Breeds we have owned: mixed breeds, Whippet, Boxer, Pitbull, Anatolian, Great Pyrenees, Great Dane, Redbone Coonhound, Boston Terrier, Chihuahua (both coat varieties) Toy Poodle, Shih Tzu. Ones I would love to try are: Italian Greyhound, Saluki, Borzoi, Chinese Crested (Hairless)

17. Do you compete with your dogs? Not any more...used to show Chihuahuas in conformation and Whippet in Obedience.

18. Kibble or Canned? Kibble, and some table scraps and some treats.

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper Towels and either laundry or pail of hot soapy water...whatever the job at hand requires.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Not really...only if I am picking it up and something unusual catches my eye, but that is a RARE occassion. When it comes to pooperscooping, the sooner it is out of my sight, the better!

21. Do you think your dogs like you? No, I think they LOVE me, and we love them back!

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Monkey would without a doubt, say "Let's play fetch!!!" Abby would say, "Why is everything all about Monkey?"! LOL!

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Only Monkey (he's hairless) if I think he really needs a jacket to go out to do his duty. (usually when it is 20 below or colder.)

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I think I am pretty satisfied (as are my pets) with the skills I have now...HOWEVER, my kids would tell you they wished I had the same level of patience for them as I do with the dogs, and also wonder why I let the dogs get away with so much more than they could!
default_wink.png

25. Does dog hair bother you? Not really...sometimes it is annoying or kind of embarassing of someone goes to get in the backseat of the car (where the dogs ride) and they get full of hair. We try to remember to clean it out good before going to a wedding or funeral when people "dressed up" may sit and not want the added warmth of dog hair!

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- 18. We now have 7 - all rescues. 6 chiwi's/chiwi mixes and 1 chow

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? -- no! Ew!

3. Male or Female? -- 3 females and 4 males

4. Favorite color of dog? - any color

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – doesn't matter to me

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? - yard

7. Kisses or nibbles? – both

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – yes, on my computer and phone

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – no. I have no problems with fleas. I use homeopathic remedies and have been flea free for over 10 years.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – no

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – groomer

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? - 1. Our "fat dog" Apple is the only who sleeps with us. She is an almost 20lb chiwi. Holly the chow is our outdoor dog, and the other 5 chiwi's sleep in their own bedroom together.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? - yes

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? - no, but like Jill mentioned, I would not live where I could not have animals. I live in Norco, CA which is very very animal friendly, and even though I am over the dog limit, they do not say anything. Besides all 6 of my chiwi's only make up 1 dog anyway LOL

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? - Absolutely! We have a very large motorhome and we go out at least once a month local and every September we go to Utah for 2 weeks.

16. If you didn't own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? - I love all breeds. Have had pits, aussies, heelers, poodles, doxies, terriers, and yorkshire terriers. I am very partial to pugs, even though I have never had one.

18. Kibble or Canned? both

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? papertowel, we have wood floors

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Not unless I have to

21. Do you think your dogs like you? Sure hope so, I adore them

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Are you going to eat all of that

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Only tutu's. Just kidding

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I would give anything to be an empathic like Bonnie.

The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- well over 20

3. Male or Female? -- both

4. Favorite color of dog? – For some reason I have Black and white (like a pinto) and brown and white (also like a pinto). I do have an apercot poodle too.

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – I would rather have a dog bark than scream. We have one that has a shrill scream. He doesn't bark. However, Emy, do I have to get the stick? (she likes the sound of her voice and loves to bark).

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? --None. I do clean up out back with a bucket and a pooper scooper.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – IDK. Monkey can lick the back of your eyeballs from across the room.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Nope!My dogs are all sleeping around my desk right now.

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – We don't have fleas here.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Have not seen a tick in the 22 years I have lived here either.

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Clippers

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- 5 to 7. It depends if my mother is home or not. 2 of the chins are hers. Oh, did I mention that one of the 5 is a GP?

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? No, not really.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? Yes! my friends just have to understand, if I am coming for a visit so is my most attached to me dog.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? I still do love yorkies and cockers.

18. Kibble or Canned? both

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels and the Bissell.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Sometimes.

21. Do you think your dogs like you? No! They love me.;-)

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Biskey please!! (they love dog biskets)

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? The poodle wears a coat in the winter.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? IDK

I think that about covers it.

1. 8

2. yes

3. both

4. all of them

5.neither

6.none-we have plenty of acreage and mother nature takes care of the rest

7.kisses

8. Of course!

9.Rarely have had an issue but after coming in from the barn and being around barn cats if I find one done have a problem with killing it with my fingernail.

10. Again on occasion, like after a walk in the woods will pick off with my fingers.

11. Dremel

12.one

13.no

14.no

15.We don't vacation but if we take a road trip for the day may take the dog with us.

16. Bernese Mountain Dog, Bull Mastif but I really love my Shih Tzu!

17.no

18.kibble

19.Depends on if it is on the hardwood or carpet. But love my lil green machine.

20.no

21.Well he$$ YES!

22.Have you got something for me to eat?

23.no

24.Can't think of anything right now.

25.Yes, that is why I have a Shih Tzu.
default_thumbup.gif

This is fun - I adore dogs!

The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? 17. That is not including dogs that were in foster and waiting for their own home nor does it include dogs that were with me for training and showing. I currently have 5, all rescues. 2 are tripawds and 1 is congenitally deaf.

3. Male or Female? -- Have had both but prefer females

4. Favorite color of dog? – Blue! But since I'm getting more into Rat Terriers, the White with patches thing is pretty appealing!

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – Honestly can't stand either for too long. My deafy barks a lot and it drives me a bit bonkers

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? -- At home we use a scopper and toss into an area in the woods. Out and about, either grocery bags or the special doggy poo bags.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses! Finn has a fetish with feet, and can clean your face and almost suck your eyeballs out. Poopy-Toby is notorious for trying to clean out your sinuses, via your nostrils. Bleah.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes, and it wouldn't matter where I was - the answer would be the same.

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – Yes, if I find one but honestly haven't seen one in years.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Tweezers! My grandpup lives in Eastern Washington and comes to visit Gramma with boulder sized ticks sometimes. OMG. GROSS!!!!

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Both. Depends on the dog.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- 1 smack next to me under the covers, 1 between hubbies legs and 1 on the top of the covers by my feet. The other 2 are on the floor in doggie beds.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? Yes

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? Yes

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? anytime possible, we do.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? Cardigan Welsh Corgi

17. Do you compete with your dogs? Not in 20 years

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels followed up with the steam cleaner.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Sometimes. I do pay attention when I pick it up. If anything is not normal, then I start to pay closer attention

21. Do you think your dogs like you? We share a mutual admiration

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom oh goodie mom mom mom

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? My ratties wear stuff in the winter but the Border Collies are impervious to the weather

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I am learning more about BAT training because I volunteer as a behavior modification trainer for the rescue. I am an old school trainer so learning the All Positives type training is challenging. Not that I beat my dogs but I am firm when I need to be.

25. Does dog hair bother you? What dog hair? (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

I love dogs!!!! Sometimes, I think I could live without my horses - ahh, maybe? - but I can't be without a dog.

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? ***18 not including puppies or dogs people gave me to rehome.

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? ***Yes

3. Male or Female? ***Males

4. Favorite color of dog? ***Black & Tan

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? ***Neither / we teach youngsters, no barking / no sniveling

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? ***Over into the woods - in town, pet bags

7. Kisses or nibbles? ***With my allergies I don't get to do either but they get pet a lot or can kiss 'close' but not on me.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – ***At home and in my wallet

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – ***Don't have a flea problem

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – ***Only tick I saw was when we were traveling in the midwest and one hopped onto our GSD's ear. It was gross!

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – ***Groomer does it

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? *** None - no critters on furniture or beds. Each has their own sleeping spot.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? ***Definitely-we drive a Dodge Caravan so the GSD doesn't have to jump far to the ground. No seats in the back just water and food dishes, toys and treats. Dogs go everywhere with us.

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? ***More for the horses but the one requirement was way off a main road-I lost a dog many years ago, hit by a car, right out in front of our house. Here, we're the last house on a gravel road.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? ***Most often....I don't have much desire to leave him.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? *** ??

17. Do you compete with your dogs? ***No

18. Kibble or Canned? ***Kibble, Canned and Home cooking

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? ***Paper towels and a steam cleaner

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? ***When I am close by

21. Do you think your dogs like you? *** Not a doubt - it's mutual

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? ***Do you have to play with those horses?

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? ***No

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? *** Not to worry about them like they were little kids

25. Does dog hair bother you? *** I'm allergic, but it's the quality of life they bring that makes me deal with it.

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? Only 6

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? ***I have a Cocker Spaniel so I use his ears to wipe his eyes.

3. Male or Female? *** Love them all

4. Favorite color of dog? *** Don't care.

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? ***If I had to choose I'd say whiner.

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? *** Beamie poops in his own 35acres so no bags required.

7. Kisses or nibbles? *** Kisses I can never get enough kisses.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – ***Always

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – ***Don't have fleas often but if I do I LOVE killing them with my finger nails. Very therapeutic.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – ***No ticks here.

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – ***Clippers..don't know what Dremel is.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? *** He has his own magnetic mattress and doggie bed.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? *** No.

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? ***Not consciously.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? ***Too many animals to go on vacation besides who would want to leave them.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? *** Cockers are love machines so if I had another breed it would have to be another love machine breed.

17. Do you compete with your dogs? ***No

18. Kibble or Canned? ***Kibble and homemade

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? ***Paper towels

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? ***only if I think there is a problem

21. Do you think your dogs like you? *** my dog loooooves me to bits and I love him right back.

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? ***I love you mummy.

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? ***No

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? *** I'd like to be able to train them to do clever things.

25. Does dog hair bother you? *** No which is just as well because there is plenty of it at the moment.

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? 8

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? yes

3. Male or Female? Love them all

4. Favorite color of dog? Black and white

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? I have one of each, and will take the whiner

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? No bags I use my manure fork every Saturday and clean up

7. Kisses or nibbles? My yorkie nibbles my earlobes when he is ready for bed its too cute.

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yep

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – Yep

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Yep

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Clippers and a nail file.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? One the other dog loves her own bed

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? Well I did buy the extra cab with them in mind.

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? No

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? Well I am glad I am not alone with not going on vacation. My husband thinks were the only one who never go on vacation.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? Doberman

17. Do you compete with your dogs? No

18. Kibble or Canned? Kibble with boiled chicken

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? only if I think there is a problem

21. Do you think your dogs like you? Yes they love me. I ask my husband why he doesn't jump and bark and whine when I come home.

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? ***I love you mummy.

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Yes both dogs wear winter coats and my yorkie has clothing when we go to special events.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I would love to teach agility.

25. Does dog hair bother you? Only in food.

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- 9

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? -- my dogs don't have eye boogers

3. Male or Female? -- have had both

4. Favorite color of dog? – i'm not particular

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – if i had to choose, i'd choose whiner.

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? -- doggy poop bags that come in a little roll that hooks onto the leash.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – kisses! nibbles hurt!

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – yes, on my phone.

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – have never seen a flea on my dogs.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – fingers

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – both. clip first, dremel to finish.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- none. they have cushy beds on the floor.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? yes, a mini van with low clearance because my senior great dane couldn't jump up into a vehicle.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? no, i never go anywhere!

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? whatever dog at the shelter gave me "that look"

18. Kibble or Canned? neither. my dogs are RAW fed.

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? paper towels and the bissell.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? yup, every few days.

21. Do you think your dogs like you? no. they LOVE me!

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? swee' pea, "lap please", bentley "just one more chicken leg, pleeeeeeze!!!!"

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? no

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? hmmm, can't think of any although i'm sure there are some!

25. Does dog hair bother you? only when they're blowing their coats!

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? --If you are counting entire lifetime, child hood to present...10

3. Male or Female? Both, they've always been fixed, but i prefer females

4. Favorite color of dog? –love merles, but anything that comes in a shade of "cute" will do

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – Hard to answer, whiners annoy me but our mini aussies try to have conversations with different tones and pitches in their whines

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? --live in he country, we let nature take care of it

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes, cell phone photo of kids and the dogs

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – prefer to head the off with front line, but I ave been known to squish them flat if find one.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – paper towel/tissue and fingers

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? --one, my son's, he spent so much time in our bed even now that he sleeps in his room, the dog sleeps with us, two if my daughter sleeps at a friends, her dog has a pajama jammy jam in our bed too.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? No

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? No

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? I really like what we have now, a lab and mini aussies, but I think I would be happy with a small mixed breed from the pound as long as it came to us as a puppy.

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels and the sampooer

20. Do you study your dog’s poop?. One dog has IBD (irratable bowl disease, always need to keep aneye on things in case of a flare up

21. Do you think your dogs like you? If they could lick my face off they would

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Macy, the super smart one," Would you like me to calculate the square route of Pi for a treat?" Zoey, the window licker "hehehe, did she say pie?"

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? no, way too much hair to consider, would just be too hot.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? Mental telepathy

25. Does dog hair bother you? No Biggie, isn't that why we have vacuums?

The Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? hmm, it would honestly take me days to remember and talking to my dad multiple times. I've always had multiple dogs. Even when I was little and if you count the whole families dogs, well that's just dang near impossible. My dad raised and train hunting labs and had a fairly good sized kennel when I was born. That kennel was always full until I was about 12 or so then we had just personal dogs. Since then...oh man, I guess it's above 20, but under 30? for just me. Currently I'm at 5. We BBQ'd yesterday afternoon and my brother's dogs met the whole crew all together for the first time. So with all the dogs that were here that count alone was 15. All in the house. Wanna talk about a mad house? and we're not talking all little dogs, lol. 3 Aussies, 1 blue heeler, 1 BC/heeler mix, 6 terriers (some mixed some not) 2 hound mixes, 1 mini dachshund and 1 still growing lab pup.

2. Do you wipe “eye boogers” out with your finger? yes

3. Male or Female? both. I like them both, at least one of each really :D

4. Favorite color of dog? I tend to like black bi colored dogs, like dobies, or tri colored with the white and copper. But since I have gotten into the Aussies, I pretty much love them all, In all shapes and forms. I have a blue merle with copper, a black tri and a red tri aussie, and a black tri rat terrier and a brown and white Wishbone look alike rat terrier.

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? I don't care for either but probably barking over whining.

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? the cheapest kind i can find :p

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses! I don't like teeth contact. They can lick all they want just don't touch me with the teeth

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes! My dogs are also my phone's screen

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – Yeah, kinda. I roll them between my fingers and it usually crushes them, if I try to do it with my nails I end up loosing it.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? No!! ewwwww. I put a little tick killer (it's an ear mite med that kills them on contact and releases the head) then pull them off with a paper towel

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – Clippers mostly for time saving but I do use the dremel if I want to get them really close or if I have a rough edge.

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- none, too many to fit them all so I just don't let them up, they can sleep on their own beds.

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? yes

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? No not really but we have rearranged the yard and property for their safety and enjoyment.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? what's a vacation? I have too many animals to leave the farm for too long.

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? hmm, probably just another herding breed. I like them all really but if I was going to step outside herding breeds then I'd probably go with a dobie :D

17. Do you compete with your dogs? yes, agility and I want to eventually do herding trials

18. Kibble or Canned? Kibble but I want to start feeding RAW

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels, rubber gloves, plastic bags and lots of cleaner. Ick I hate vomit.

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Sometimes, if they're acting funny

21. Do you think your dogs like you? Yeah, kinda. They're always figuring out ways to get in trouble :D

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Bogie: what's next? Gabby: will you just do what I want already? Dante: which way did he go, which way did he go? or Can I? Can I? Can I? huh? huh? please please? (can you tell he's a little ADHD?) Peaches: Please just pet me more! Jolie: Can you make these crazy dogs stop bothering me so I can take a nap?

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? not really though I have put coats on for warmth or rain protection

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? I'd like to learn to do herding better :D

Dogs are Non-"comfort food" LOL!!!

1) 14 ???

2) ugh! yes.

3) mostly male-but females "squat" so I give them a +

4) probably any color

5) bark/whine NOT!

6) what the parks provide or ziploc sandwich bags (litttle did they know when they invented them what else they'd be used for!!!)

7) Neither (maybe nibbles-not as wet)

8) yes- lots of pics on my cell phone

9) NO !!! HATE FLEAS!!!

10) NO !!! HATE TICKS!!!

11) clippers

12) the one and only dog-and I wish he'd sleep on the floor more!

13)No (yes, back when I was showing dogs)-but I should have a little truck for the horses, I have hauled hay in the trunk, etc.!!!

14) No

15) No

16) Shelties (had them in the past and showed them) maybe another breed, there's lots of neat ones!

17) used to

18) kibble

19) paper towel and Nature's Miracle or whatever's on hand that works

20) I glance-for health's sake

21) yes-sometimes too much! LOL!

22) "more treats!" "more treats!" "Let's go to the park!" "more treats!"

23) No

24) ???

25) occasionally

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- 13

3. Male or Female? -- both

4. Favorite color of dog? –fawn

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? –neither

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? --grocery store bags at home, and we have those cute little bags for when we are at shows.

7. Kisses or nibbles? – Kisses!

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – Yes, I’m at work and I have a picture of my baby on my computer..

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – Yes.

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – Yes

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- Two

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? Yes, my truck has to have a flat seat in the front so Angel can seat between us, no bucket seats.

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? If you consider horse shows a vacation, then yes!

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? ??? Not really a fair question, I love my boxer babies right now.

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? Paper towels and the carpet cleaner

20. Do you study your dog’s poop? Sometimes, you can tell alot about an animal by their poop.

21. Do you think your dogs like you? My Angel loves me.
default_smile.png

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? I want some Popeyes chicken!

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? Just a coat if they are cold in the winter.

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? ???

he Dog Survey

1. How many dogs have you owned in your lifetime? -- 12

of my own 16 if you count family dogs

3. Male or Female? -- prefer females but like both (only because I like to kiss their tummys !)

4. Favorite color of dog? – Any!

5. Do you prefer a barking dog or a whiner? – neither but barking is least annoying

6. What kind of poop bags do you use? -- freezer bags

7. Kisses or nibbles? – both

8. Do you have a picture of your dog with you right now? – no but Im with them all the time

9. Do you kill fleas with your fingernails? – NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

10. Do you pick ticks off with your fingers? – definitely NOT!

11. Dremel or nail clippers? – have both

12. How many dogs sleep in your bed? -- none now , used to be five but it got too much

13. Have you purchased a vehicle based on your dogs? Yes

14. Have you purchased a home based on your dogs? for all the animals , but for the minis mostly

15. Do you vacation with your dogs? eh whats a vacation ...dont have those !

16. If you didn’t own the breed you have now, what breed would you own? have Shih Tzus and Pomeranians now but just love Bichons

17. Do you compete with your dogs?

18. Kibble or Canned? meat in foil trays mixed with complete dry food

19. How do you clean up dog vomit? call my husband lol

20. Do you study your dog’s poop ? glance to see its solid but not study

21. Do you think your dogs like you? They love me !

22. If your dog could talk, what would he say to you? Pick me up

23. Do you dress your dogs in clothing? only after a fresh clip

24. What skill would you like to acquire to make you a better dog person? No idea

default_smile.png

Back