THE best opening speech I've seen :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozymandias

Reaction score
LOVE the opening speech from HBO's Newsroom. Must have watched this a dozen times while sitting on the beach over the weekend.

OMG how powerful. To bad everyone won't get this and how true it really is.

OMG how powerful. To bad everyone won't get this and how true it really is.
Isn't it powerful and your comment about not everyone getting it is SO true - sadly, because when people have blinkers on there's no hope of change. We've been resting on the laurels of those who paved the way for so long that most folks still think we're still the same country. Sadly we're not
default_sad.png

That was a great clip! If ever there were a real candidate who would stand up and actually say what they believe, speak the truth instead of what they are told to say, I would vote for them! I might not even agree with what they had to say, but I would respect them a lot more than what we have to choose from now! Too bad this is fiction.

Barbara

That was a great clip! If ever there were a real candidate who would stand up and actually say what they believe, speak the truth instead of what they are told to say, I would vote for them! I might not even agree with what they had to say, but I would respect them a lot more than what we have to choose from now! Too bad this is fiction.

Barbara
Well said
default_thumbup.gif

I have access to HBO Go (thank you) so I have watched the first episode, it was good. So now I can get caught up and watch it. I really like the characters.

I love the look on his face at the beginning. It's so representative of how so many of us feel...he's just sitting there watching the obvious liberal vs. conservative constant back and forth - they way they portray him tuning it out and then when he tunes back in - it's still continuing. It's so poignant. Neither side has the insight to see anything positive in the other...he sees the bigger picture.

I agree. When I watched this new HBO show... It was like Wow, so true.. I had this clip posted on my FB

HBO did have the entire first episode on YouTube, but I don't see it now...

I LOVE this show -- at least this first episode. I am not a TV watcher, but this episode is almost enough to make me sign up for cable.

Whatever your political bent, you should at least watch the first eight minutes for Jeff Daniels' character's tirade. Its truth transcends political agendas.

This show goes so far beyond politics and the news. There are 6 episodes so far and I have honestly teared up during every episode so far. We all waste so much time avoiding the truh and wanting everyone to like us that we allow ourselves to become whatever the majority wants us to be, even if it bears no resemblance to who we really are. I love the Character of the EP McKenzie and her support for Will. She knows how incredible will can be and realizes that just by supporting him she can give him the confidence to be the integrity the news needs. Everyone should have someone who can give them that support.

VERY, very good. Thank you for sharing!

Latest posts

Back