The Best Birthday Gift EVER!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
As some of you might know, yesterday was my 50th birthday and my husband, bless his heart, gave me the most wonderful gift he possibly could have! With my most sincere and loving thanks to WILLOWOOD (Kim and Al Macleod), I'm thrilled to tell you that my Mirage has come home again! He is the stallion we owned and showed for a year or two, then sold to Kimmy and Al. I had the honour and privilege of continuing to show him last year and, in September, he earned his HOF in Halter. While he was here last year, he bred three of our best mares and we now have two beautiful sons. (The third mare lost her foal, but it was a colt, too.) So a month or two ago, we find out that Mirage is for sale, but we just can't afford to buy him. I was heartsick at the thought of him going to anyone else! Well, little did I know that my husband was "in negotiations" with Kim and Al for about a month now, I guess.

Mirage was delivered yesterday by Kim and Al, and our mutual friend Ron while I was out for lunch with my dad. As if it wasn't enough of a surprise that our three dear friends were here, they practically dragged me up to the barn on the pretext that they wanted to see the babies. As I walked in the barn, a muzzle appeared from the stall. :new_shocked: :new_shocked: OMG!! Could it BE??? Yes!!!!! :aktion033: It was my Mirage!!!! I couldn't possibly be happier to have my boy back where he belongs! :risa8: :new_multi: :538: :cheeky-smiley-006:
default_thumbup.gif
:

I think my husband should be named Husband of the Year for this!!
default_firstprize.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_firstprize.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_firstprize.gif
:

And Kim and Al, I love you for letting Mirage come back. I know you love him as much as we do! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

IMG_1427.jpg

default_thumbup.gif
: Those are the best birthdays..
default_cheers.gif
:

wow congreats!!!! wow what a nice guy!!!!!

ps happy late birthday<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy!! That is the best present ever!! Brought tears to my eyes! I have one of those hubbies too. One year he bought me a bred mare and her filly and last year I got my dream Great Dane puppy! This year a diamond necklace! We are very lucky ladies. Enjoy your beautiful boy!!!

:aktion033: Oh Judy, I am sitting here crying after reading your post, tears of joy for you. I know how you love Mirage and wow, Sid is such a sweetheart to do this for you. I wish we could have been there to see your face when you realized he was yours :lol: :bgrin

Yvonne

Awe!!

Thats amazing I saw he was for sale too :new_shocked:

Glad you got him girl you deserve him!
default_wub.png
:

Judy --

Reading about your birthday present brought tears to my eyes!!!! Congratulations on getting that little man back in your barn, and way to go, Mr. Judy Bakker!

Jill

Congrats Sunny for your wonderful Bday present!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

OK, what I wanna know is WHERE you all find S.O's that do these types of things, cuz I want one!! LOL!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Happy tears here; what a grand hubby you have, congratulations! :aktion033:

Congratulations.

Hey SId -- Ilike that new name "MR. JUDY BAKKER"" it will take awhile to live that one down.

Darn -- why could that party not have been on the weekend??

Oh, yes, we will all be in Michigan on the week-endLOL -- I forgot. Congratualtions again. Luv Amelia & John

[SIZE=14pt]Oh, that is so wonderful!!! Happy birthday!!![/SIZE]

Sid does it again. :aktion033: :aktion033:

What a thoughtful sweetheart your hubby is.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I don't know whether to congratulate you on getting Mirage, or on getting Sid. :bgrin

Happy Happy Birthday Judy.

(Hmmm, wonder what Sid will be getting for his birthday? This will be hard to top)

:risa8: :risa8:

Sunny happy belated birthday

I'm glad to see you are so happy and excited.

Do you realize how long it's been since we've talked? We're shameful but alas, I have no free minutes in my life, drat!

Latest posts

Back