Thank you, thank you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tami

Reaction score
They are showing my yearling colt this year. I had a horrible experience with a trainer a few years back. She died at the A Nationals in 03. I have been scared since to send a horse out, though I would never hesitate to send a horse to Becky of Redrock (I LOVE her) or Arion, they took outstanding care of my horses. But are too far away and I really wanted to be able to go see my horse show. So in Dec I met Clair and Andrea when they came down to look at a mare I had. I showed them a colt I was thinking about and they though he would show well. So off he went to them. They are the nicest people and they have my colt looking amazing. At his first show in SD at the A show he got 2 Supremes and at the R show the next day 1 Champion of Champions. Just this weekend we went to watch him show at the Area VI show in Winona. He is full of himself....lol but did great for Andrea. There was one judge and he got 1st in a class of about 10 and then Jr Champion and the Reserve Champion Stallion. Both my husband and I cried....lol. He is our baby.

edited to add... This is the colt that was born last year that the first thing I said was "Nice colt, wish he had more neck". So I guess I got my wish.....lol.

Oh, and he is 32" right now. So I have my fingers crossed that he doesn't grow anymore before Nationals......

So thank you, thank you, thank you to the Severson's of Toys Minis for taking such good care of my boy Rico and presenting him so wonderfully.

Oak Parks SS Ima Soap Star aka Rico

ricoshow2E.jpg

rico7-07-07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks GREAT Tami!!

Congrats

:aktion033: He Looks AWSOME Tami!!! Very PRetty boy!! I know how awsome Rico is because I have a 1/2 brother to Rico that is also doing well in the show pen!! And I also got to see Rico in May at the SD show and Toys are THEE nicest people!!

Very NICE boy!!

Congratulations!! Sounds like he is doing very well!!!
default_yes.gif
:

He looks super, Tami! Congratulations! The Seversons are great people and do a super job with their horses. Looks like you sent him to the right place! Will we be seeing Rico at the Central Championship Show??

Thanks for the kind words, too. You know how much I loved Wow!
default_wub.png
:

Tami, he is a super nice looking colt! I saw him today in his stall....he looks just as nice in the stall as your pics show. I really like him alot! CONGRATS on your placings! :aktion033:

You have a great program be very proud of yourself!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks everyone. He is my baby and I miss him. But he is in good hands. They spoil him like I would. He has one more show and then a bit of a rest for a while. This year he is going to R Nationals and that is it. Since he is right at 32 I don't want to pay to send him to A and find he has grown..... At least if he growns he can still show at the R Nationals. But keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't have any growth spurts.

Tami, any chance you'll be back at Winona the 21st of this month for the MN show? I missed meeting you....would like to say hi.
default_smile.png

He has looked good all year. You're right, both Clair and Andrea are great to deal with as is the rest of the family!

OMG he's GORGEOUS!!!
default_wub.png
: He makes my socks roll up and down!

But then, I've always admired him since he was a baby. And baby look at him now!

Congratulations Tami!

Thanks again everyone.

Hey Russ, Rico will be there but we won't. I would love to come back but our club show is that weekend in IL and I am showing 2 there. Darn would have loved to meet you too.

Adam, thank you so much. I love your yearling colt, we have a half sister, a Mojo baby. So I always watch for him.

Reo, he makes my socks roll up and down too....lol. He also makes my husband want to punch me. At the show I got so nervous. I said "I can't look" when he would move.....lol. Then I would go up to the rail, then sit down, then up to the rail, then sit down. He just looked at me like I was nuts.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back