THANK YOU SO MUCH to AMHR!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
My AMHR papers on my mare, Rose, and my stallion, Rolex, all came back today. FINALLY, I was able to get their actual champagne colors noted on their AMHR registry papers. WOOHOO!!! So, not only are they "officially" champagnes with ICHR, but now they BOTH are also "officially" champagnes on their AMHR papers too. WOOOHOOOO!!!! When I first registered Rose as a foal, they would not let me acknowledge her "champagne-ness", even though I submitted her ICHR papers with her AMHR application. Well, now she is finally rightfully noted with her correct color as a Gray Amber Champagne on her AMHR papers. Rolex too! He was originally noted as a Palomino Pinto, but I was able to get his color changed to Gold Champagne Pinto too. I'm SOOOOO HAPPY!!! They finally have their correct colors on everything. Well, actually, I'm still waiting on my AMHA papers for Rolex, hoping they'll arrive in the mail any day now too.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AMHR!!!
default_wub.png
What a huge sigh of relief to finally have them all done, and all CORRECT.....c'mon AMHA...don't let me down...please?
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
Well, thanks for letting me share 'n shout m'joy! :)) WOOHOO!!!

Champagne Cheers,

Tanya

As a champagne owner and lover - WOOHOO!!!

That's great!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Very cool! I'm ALL for the horses being listed with their actual color!!

me too parm! They might as well not even list color if it's not accurate! always thought the whole point of a registry was to accurately document parentage, colors, and other pertinent info. I get that sometimes people don't have a clue about colors and they get them listed wrong..but it's a whole nother story for the registry to refuse a color (especially a genetically proven color).

What did you have to do to get them to change it? I own a mare that is smokey black and she is incorrectly registered as grey. Do they acknowledge smokey black? Do they have a list of colors that they deem acceptable? If so, where would I find this information?

Thanks so much ya'll.
default_wub.png
Boinky, I think the reason it wasn't accepted the first time I sent in for her papers (will be about 5 years ago, this coming March), there wasn't yet an actual DNA proven test for the champagne gene. It wasn't until as recent as just a few months ago for this color that it was a proven genotypical color.

Annabella, all I had to do this time, was resubmitt their application along with resubmitting their ICHR confirmed papers, and an AMHR color change application, with $10.00 color change fee, and they finally accepted them as champagnes. I do believe it was the fact that there IS now an actual DNA color test for the gene's confirmation, is why it is now an accepted color among the breed itself. (Still hoping for AMHA to follow suit...
default_pray.gif
will see once my AMHA papers arrive in the mail, hopefully any day now too).

For a current list of accepted colors they have them on the ASPC/AMHR website under their "Forms" section. For smokey blacks, if there is an actual DNA color test for it, and a possibly a color registry to back it up, they might accept a color change application for it too. Try calling the registry and see what all they might require for that color. Hope this helps.
default_wub.png

Good for you, glad its all straight now on your paperwork!!! I have had to change colors too on paperwork that had been listed incorrectly when the original owners registered the horses as foals as sometimes its hard to tell when they are all fuzzy. Laura

Very cool! I'm ALL for the horses being listed with their actual color!!

me too parm! They might as well not even list color if it's not accurate! always thought the whole point of a registry was to accurately document parentage, colors, and other pertinent info. I get that sometimes people don't have a clue about colors and they get them listed wrong..but it's a whole nother story for the registry to refuse a color (especially a genetically proven color).
I agree, it's especially nice when you're researching. I have a silver buckskin that's registered as a palomino, I plan on having that changed along with another one.

I had a colt that was champagne and the amha put it one the papers with no problems. The amhr wanted all the bells and whistles first.

Barb

We had our little girl tested so know she is champagne.

Last edited by a moderator:
which registry was it that recently stopped taking silver?? that is a genetically proven color as well. kinda blew my mind!

Latest posts

Back