Thank You Getitia!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I just have to thank Getitia for letting us visit today and i deffently had fun. Got to see Lee (he is amazing, the pictures you see cannot do him justice ..i mean ..the neck ..the hip ...the WHOLE package, he is just something out of this world!), and got to see Papo who i also adore! Getitia was so kind to show us her farm, which everything was just so beautiful and perfect.

I got to see how Getitia starts her babies getting trained to lead and even got to see a babys first haltering session, priceless!!!! The most fun though was the baby lot, if i had that i wouldnt know where to start in the morning lol. Seen all the mares and babies, stallions. Getitia set up some of her show string and stallions for me and gave allot of tips on training, conditioning and so many other things.

Seeing Lee and Papo was sure something though, two of my faverite stallions. I told dad it was a good thing we didnt bring the checkbook today because i would have cleared out the bank acount, still just might lol. I was going to drive down by myself but dad is starting to get more and more into the miniatures himself and i thought with it being fathers day and everything he would enjoy it. He did, i was so glad because i want that someday just maybe
default_wink.png
:.

Thank you Getitia for letting us visit your beautiful farm and see all the horses, who knows maybe one will end up here at home with me (
default_wink.png
default_smile.png
. Cannot think of a better way to spend the day
default_smile.png

Now i want an air conditioned grooming room too LOL. Someday ......someday ....
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:. Left the cameria in the car, i was so excited lol.

Agian, thank you!!! It was a treat to get to see your farm!!
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to visit her about 3 years ago, and I totally agree with her being a wonderful hostess and having a beautiful farm and gorgeous horses! :aktion033:

It sounds like you ahd a great time, I can't believe you left your camera in the car though! Bad Leeana
default_smile.png
! I would love to visit one day myself.

Yes it was allot of fun, i didn't want to leave lol.

I will get pics 'next time' .....maybe next time i will come back with a horse :eek:. Your like a kid in a candyshop honestly lol.

going to getitias is always so much fun! last time we went kyle said he could live quite comfortably in the living quarters they have off the barn lol. The only hard thing about going to getitias is deciding which horse to buy because they are all so nice. I especially love to go and see all the babies after foaling.

I also have had the good luck to visit Getitia and her farm and family. She is truly a southern gentlewoman with loads of hospitality. I fortunately did come home with one of her horses, it took me a while to get her home and really figure out how I could do it, but Getitia worked with me to make it happen. My filly is called Buckeye WCF Liberty Echo and she is a gorgeous milk buckskin with movement to die for. (Can't tell that I am in love with my kids, can you.) I am getting her ready to drive and after we are settled in our farm (just moved and are barn building) we will be back on the show trail. Hopefully this year. Getitia also has a magic potion to help get hoof polish off your arms, hands, legs, when you have an accident at a show. I told him not to move his feet!!!! She has helped me through many show situations and is a treat and true gentlewoman in the show ring. Kudo's to one of the great women of minis.

While I have been lucky enough to meet and talk with her I have never been to her farm however that said Getitia has been a wonderful mentor to me- kind, sharing her knowledge- shall we say gentle in her criticism but still getting the point across and patient in her explanations - truly a class act all the way around!!

Latest posts

Back