Thank God for LB!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I am so pumped right now I think I could juggle cars....Aspen went into labor at midnight was down pushing with legs straight out with nothing coming...dash outside....nothing..she is rigid....look inside and see the red bag..oh crap...I tell you, they say to cut it with something..I just ripped that sucker open with my fingers and an ocean came out along with the white bubble ...broke it open and there was a foot...then a nose... started pulling with her contractions ....would not move.....the other foot was nowhere....mare stood up and without thinking I closed my eyes and reached inside her all the way up to my elbow..the leg was way back and folded..I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not but she was groaning and braced and I grabbed it at the knee and just pulled it forward .....plop...the foal came gushing out with her standing like that......good grief......beautiful little filly looks to be black???...out of my appy stallion..she is small and delicate..up and bouncing around already....I read about red bags on here ...Thank you LB!!!!!!

here are a few pictures..she is 7 hours old and sleeping...figures.....very lively girl really..up and nursing real fast..she is out of my Little America Stallion Impressive Storm..she has all the appy traits and some spots so who knows whats under that hair..I just love her!

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well done you - brilliant!!

When you have finished juggling those cars, perhaps we could have a picture or two please!

Anna

That is simply wonderful news
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Your story gave me a lump in my throat. If you weren't there, that foal (and possibly your mare too) would not have made it. This forum is a life-saver at times. It sure has helped me in countless situations.

Kudos to you
default_wink.png

And a hearty CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh GOD , what a scarry night for you ...
default_new_shocked.gif
So VERY cool that you knew what to do, you saved a little life , do you know that?
default_biggrin.png
I am watching a friends mare right now on marestare, and I am so nervous. Fortunatly I am on a different time zone so I have to 1 am to 9 am shift covered, it looks like she will have this foal soon. I have the phone in my hand.

Congradulations on being there to save that filly !!

Congratulations on a job well done:)

We had a red bag last year and like you I have this place to thank for a good outcome.

Thankyou Mary Lou for creating such a special (and educational) place
default_wub.png
Im sure you are responsible for saving many little lives.

WWWooooohooooo!!!!!!! Congrats! Job well done! Can't wait to see pics
default_wub.png

Congratulations on delivering the foal safely - quick thinking to get her out and sounds like you saved her life. Looking forward to the pics
default_smile.png

Congratulations on delivering the foal safely - quick thinking to get her out and sounds like you saved her life. Looking forward to the pics
default_smile.png

Good save Kathye, you've earned yourself a nap today LOL!

Jan

Congratulations on such a triumphant delivery! Good for you!

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE]..

What a wonderful gift, and you helped this little filly to have a wonderful life with such a caring owner.

I bet your mare was glad to see you there.

Congratulations to you. What a great job you did. You are right, I to have learned so much from LB.

Good Job!!!
default_smile.png
Great save! Congratulations on you new filly!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Can't wait to see pictures!

WOW Great job. I love this forum, it is the best. Thank You MaryLou
default_rolleyes.gif

Cant wait to see pics

WOW!!! You should be very PROUD of yourself.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly!!!!! At times I wonder if I would be able to do something like that, but if it comes to that your instinct takes over. I do agreee with you THANK GOD FOR LB!!!!! I also have learned alot from here.

CONGRATULATIONS again and GREAT save!!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulation of a beautiful filly!
default_wub.png
Great save![/SIZE]

Bill

GOOD JOB KATHYE!!!

People that go call the vet or just watch and wait in these situations lose their foals. IMO, helping is VERY MUCH the right thing to do! A red bag means they have no air and you must pull them out ASAP!

I'm so happy for you that you were there and reached in and got that precious filly out!

WHOOO HOOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby
default_wub.png
This forum is, literally, a lifesaver. We had our first redbag last year and it is only because of this forum that I knew immediately what to do and got that baby out so fast we didn't even have any time to panic LOL

Congratulations on your beautiful baby
default_wub.png
This forum is, literally, a lifesaver. We had our first redbag last year and it is only because of this forum that I knew immediately what to do and got that baby out so fast we didn't even have any time to panic LOL
sooooooo true....you just 'do'

Latest posts

Back