Quantcast

Teddy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Matt73

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some cute pics I got of Teddy tonight.

Hope you enjoy...

Matt73

Reaction score
He always is happy to be outside and always happy to have an audience. When I was showing jumpers on the A-Circuit and if I had met this guy in "big" (16.1 or over), I would have snatched him up; he's got "springs". He wants to hop over everything. I'll have to seriously think of training him to be a jumper soon (I'm gonna start longeing him this fall). Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt73

Reaction score
Looks like Teddy was having some fun.

He's a cutie
Thanks Rachel. He's quite the character. He's for sale, as I don't need two stallions here. But I am toying with the idea of gelding him and having him as a bud for Royal when Royal can't be with Lexus (when she foals etc.). I may also show him eventually in jumper or something down the line. We'll see...

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Looks like he is having a blast
:)

Edit --

I just saw you are thinking of gelding him! If you decide to, I bet you'll only end up loving him all the more. My geldings are my favorite horses
:wub

However, it's no guarantee that he and Royal could be together. I cannot safely keep DunIT with geldings, even in non-breeding season. He grew up with Sunny and Bacardi but I had to separate him from them the fall he was 2yo because he was playing way too rough with them (and they are pretty sturdy boys themselves).

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt73

Reaction score
Looks like he is having a blast
:)

Edit --

I just saw you are thinking of gelding him! If you decide to, I bet you'll only end up loving him all the more. My geldings are my favorite horses
:wub

However, it's no guarantee that he and Royal could be together. I cannot safely keep DunIT with geldings, even in non-breeding season. He grew up with Sunny and Bacardi but I had to separate him from them the fall he was 2yo because he was playing way too rough with them (and they are pretty sturdy boys themselves).
Thanks Jill.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know how it went for us. I had hoped DunIT would be with Bacardi and Sunny forever basically but he is just toooooo full of himself

Matt73

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know how it went for us. I had hoped DunIT would be with Bacardi and Sunny forever basically but he is just toooooo full of himself
I can see Royal being good with Teddy (with Teddy as a gelding); Royal really is a gentleman. Teddy is much more of a stallion (he's also 3 and so is feeling his oats) and can see him still being a bit more full of himself as a gelding. But who knows. I'd be much more concerned about Royal than Teddy. So, who knows.

Latest posts