Taxidermy request?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I intend to be cremated but so far my animals have all either been buried or dealt with by the vet. No urns in my house. As for whats in the freezer...ummm gee I just remembered I also have something that needs to be laid to ground. :eek: :eek:
default_rolleyes.gif
: the hazards of having animals is strange things in the freezer
default_wacko.png
:

I heard a story about a woman who received a talking parrot as a gift. Unfortunately, the parrot had previously been owned by a person of low character and was accustomed to using every foul, dirty word a person could imagine.

One day the woman had all she could stand of the foul mouthed bird and grabbed it by the neck and threw it in the freezer and shut the door.

After an hour or so, she got to feeling bad about it and went and opened the freezer door. The parrot climbed out and said, "I want to apologize for the way I have acted. It is totally uncalled for. You have given me a wonderful home and I have not been appreciative. Please accept my most humble apology."

The woman said, "Alright, we'll give it another try."

The bird then said, "May I ask one question? What did the chicken do?"

I certainly wouldn't randomly email people for dead pets, BUT....my daughter was in college to be a biologist years ago. One of the courses required was advanced taxidermy. For months, I scoured the backroads for road kill to "stuff". I was calling all my friends asking if they had any road kill near them....you would be surprised how little there is out there when you REALLY need it.....I felt like Grannie Clampett...scraping up possum out of the road...YUK.

For a long time, I did not DARE to open my refrigerator.....squirrels, opposums, you name it. We were out whacking rats with bats to stuff. BTW, rats are HARD to stuff. We would get one just about done and his tail would fall off....then had to start all over again.

One of her classmates stuffed a fawn. Having had to help do this, I would agree the bigger the animal, the easier the stuffing....

Anyway, could this person be looking for a project for school ya think? Having a kid in college sure does make you do weird things sometimes..

The bird then said, "May I ask one question? What did the chicken do?"
*chuckle*

I certainly wouldn't randomly email people for dead pets, BUT....my daughter was in college to be a biologist years ago. One of the courses required was advanced taxidermy.
A friend had to do something similar. She contacted her vet and asked if he might know of anyone who would have a suitable recently deceased animal and not be hurt or offended... he hooked her up with a farmer during calving season and she managed to get a calf to mount.

Back