Tax and Spend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepipony

Reaction score
I hear Tax and Spend as a negative thing. Kinda wonder why? Isnt that how our Government should run? Spend only the money it can make without borrowing? Isnt that how we are in this hole , by borrowing and spending more than we take in? Why are we allowing our Government to set the future up to be so poor for 'our' kids? Why isnt the idea of tax and spend a good idea?

I am not asking for name calling or my guy wants this and your guy shtucks. Just actuall reasoning on why its wrong to tax, then spend.

I get that everyone hates taxes. But what other income does the government have? Arent taxes what pays for nearly everything? If we borrow money to buy things, how do we then pay it off?

How will McCain pay for things if it isnt from taxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he intends to print more money.. Of coarse you are going to pay more taxes... no matter who gets in.. between the economy failure and the war

in Iraq.. the money has to come from somewhere..

Why isnt the idea of tax and spend a good idea?
It is a very good idea up to a point. Those more fortunate should help those that fall on bad times and need a hand up occasionally. I'd venture to say that most Americans feel that way. The problem comes when the spending gets way out of hand paying for frivolous unnecessary things, then there is not enough money to cover the basics.

Way back when the Ky lottery was being promoted and the money would go to our schools is an example.... I was only for the lottery because it would be used for our school children. Well it wasn't long before the greedy, give me, me too had their grimey hands in the pot and guess WHAT our school children are STILL in need!

You can't trust the greedy unrealistic politicians to spend our tax dollars wisely. :arg! At a point we get tired of paying more and more while they live a lavish lifestyle.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
If they would make a budget like most of us and stick with it most of us would not mind the tax & spend.

AND I do not want Obama taking our hard earned income and share it with others just because he is trying to achieve his "economic justice".
default_wacko.png

Obama can't tax the poor because they have nothing to tax.

The rich won't pay any more taxes so they will hide their money.

So who does that leave to tax - middle income families.

Don't be fooled! THINK about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Spend" is the operative word. Good heavens they haven't spent the $700 Billion they just got and they're already drafting a bill for millions more. That idiot Barney Frank said "forget the deficit and spend". How can anyone with an ounce of common sense forget the deficit? At least McCains plan to implement a government freeze on spending will save something. That's obviously a dirty word to the democrats who plan to be in power.

"U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, the influential chairman of the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, said on Monday he will remain "very nervous" about the health of the nation's economy until Congress passes another stimulus package." http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...E49Q49320081027

IMO a big part of this new stimulus package is to gain favor with retailers who stand to lose tons of money this holiday season.

"Whats wrong with dont spend so we dont have to tax? Turn the control BACK to the people.

Back