Tankless hot water

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks better than the Hot Wash (electric 5 gal) I got years ago. It runs out of hot water pretty quick if you're washing a horse. I haven't used it for a while because it's a PITA to set up then you have to wait for it to get hot.
If this is truly "on demand", then what would it matter what size it is? If it only heats and holds the water then get the biggest you can afford.

We got the heater. Jim bought a dolly and is installing the heater on the dolly. Garden hose and propane tank will be attached, so it is self contained. Will post a photo when he gets it all together. He is welding supports on the dolly to bolt the heater on. Also welding the hose hanger. He's actually looking forward to using it also for vehicle washing!

After tweaking. We got a white hose from the RV place; the dark colored garden hoses make the water temperature crazy. And the white hose is dedicated to the tank; it's rather hard to screw the hose end onto the fixture at the bottom so this will be easier as it remains with the tank.
Run the water before turning on the gas, to make sure the water isn't too hot before the heatup--we hooked up the dark garden hose then turned on the heat and it blew the end off the hose. The hose end and spray nozzle were so hot we couldn't handle them. We now know the heat setting: about half.
A size smaller--the L5-- would be fine for washing the animals. He likes to over engineer so got the larger size. But smaller would work great. We had no experience with these so it was all experiment.
tank heater.jpg tank label.jpg tank label 2.jpg

Okay I officially need one of these. Filling my kiddie pool with warm water to bathe my minis would be nice. I use a recirculating bather I built to bath them. Put a few inches of water in the pool, stand the mini in it, squirt a little shampoo in and turn in the pump. The hose has an aeration nozzle that gets the soapy water down to the skin. No more scrubbing! The minis love it but I'm thinking with warm water even the old guy will be happy. I feel horrible bathing him with cold water.

Latest posts

Back