Sweetwater Thunder & Fire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again thank you! When he is clipped you can see the roaning/mottling as you have seen in the photos. I truly forgot it was to the extent it is, he's only been clipped 2x this year so far. Also most days he's such a dirty mess from having to much fun rollling and seeing him all the time I don't pay to close to what color he is
default_smile.png

Now if someone was to ask me what he is considered, what should I tell them?

I just wanted to add that it made me smile when you said you don't really notice his color. That is how it should be in my opinion. A great horse could be purple with pink stripes and still be a great horse! It's kind of like the different skin tones on humans...they shouldn't matter. The color is secondary to the important things of attitude and conformation.
default_smile.png

I just wanted to add that it made me smile when you said you don't really notice his color. That is how it should be in my opinion. A great horse could be purple with pink stripes and still be a great horse! It's kind of like the different skin tones on humans...they shouldn't matter. The color is secondary to the important things of attitude and conformation.
default_smile.png
That's how I feel as well
default_smile.png
His barn nickname in Mini Monster, we have 4 Standarbreds and he thinks he a big horse as well. He truly has a a fun attitude when it comes to life, he loves to climb stairs and try to get into the house, also NOTHING scares him. One day there was a tarp that had been blown onto the fence, the big horses wouldn't go down that end of the turnout. When he was turned out he ran down grabbed it and carried all around. I am finding that minis are a blast!!!

He most certainly DOES have mottling! Click on his newest photo (where the lady is howing him) on the first post in this thread and a larger version will open. You can see all kinds of mottling, and also if you click the link provided a couple of posts back, you'll see the heavy facial mottling in those as well.
I did not see that until now! Thanks for pointing that out
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back