Sweet Pea and the feed bin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Last night we were low on dog feed and Sweet Pea had turned the bin over and was head first enjoying a snack.....
default_biggrin.png
At 16 years I let her do what ever she wants as I know I wont have her very much longer and I spoil her any way I can. So if she wanted the food in the bin I was not going to take it away from her. After all she was having a great time keeping all that (It really was not much) feed to her self. So I thought

This morning I go out and Sweet Pea is still in the bin. She could not back out and had to stay in there all night.
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH!

I had to pick up the bottom of the bin and slide it away from her. the sides of the bin are slick and even thought it was flat on the ground the old girl could not back out. Her paws just sliped on the plastic and she does not have much backing ability any more.

Poor Pea, mom did a bad. I cant help but smile mom thought she was being good to the old girl.

When I got her out this morning she gave me a glare and walked off.

Old dogs......got to love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got her out this morning she gave me a glare and walked off.

Old dogs......got to love them.

ROFLOL!! I can just imagine the look you got! As if it were your fault.
default_rolleyes.gif
Good thing about dogs-- they don't hold a grudge! Poor Sweet Pea.
default_smile.png

Oh, Jan, how funny
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
, I can guess Pea was not at all happy though--BAD MOM
default_wacko.png
. It is amazing what they can do sometime and we think they are OK--if only they could talk

HEY MOM!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE, I'M STUCK-the reverse doesn't work
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

Have a good holiday

Awwww.....I can just imagine that glare!

This story reminds me of a "Sweet Pea" we had here on the farm. He was a pygmy goat. Anyway one day I had been feeding the horses and left the lid to their grain bin opened. After a bit, came back into the barn to get some tack and found Sweet Pea bottoms up in the feed bin.......unlike your Sweet Pea....MY Sweet Pea did'nt want me to pull him outta his paradise! He was still munching away when I pulled his little caboose out of the bin. I chased him out of the barn and he went stubbornly "meeeeeh-ing" all the way out. :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back