Sweating Help.... I need some

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I want two sweat two horses. I only have one sweat(one does need it more than the other, but both do need it.) Do you have any ideas on that?

If you have a choice, should you clip their neck before sweating, or leave the hair long, to help sweat?

Should I be able to easily slip my hand down thier neck, is that too tight, or too loose?

Should I rub Listerine(sp?) on his/her neck?

Would his/her slezzy go over or under the sweat?

Do you have any sweating tips or tricks?

HELP please :saludando:

i would clip the neck before i sweat it especially if you use a sweating aid. i myself have never sweated a neck yet but have seen alot of them done at shows and talked to trainers about it. Most of the horses i have seen do not wear a neck slinky if they have a neck sweat on. They just wear the body sleezy with the neck sweat. Most horses that wear them wear them pretty much 24/7 so you have to have an extra sweat while you wash one. Its really not effective unless you leave them on. They do however have to be check to be sure they are on right etc when you leave them on. I was told you should be able to slip a hand down in the sweat. if you cant its too tight.

Hopefully someone who has used one will come comment
default_smile.png

Hey there..

Trying to send you a PM, but it says that your inbox is full?

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Check your PM's .... it should be there.... :bgrin

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I'm bumping this back up too, I just bought a stallion who needs MAJOR Sweating..... I have been using a sweat aid under his neck sweat and working him in it for an hour a day, where I then remove the sweat and wash his neck to prevent chafing and burns. But I'm not seeing any major differences. Now I do leave the Jowl sweat on 24/7 and i can see a clear change, He now has some definition and you can tell where the neck ends and the head begins... HEHE

I would love to post a pic but I'm clueless on how to do it

Good topic! I have a gelding my kids will be showing this summer.... his problem is his BELLY! I would love to know how to get that slimmed down, besides the excercise (sorry I can't spell!)....... His neck is nice... but need some major help in the belly compartment... he's already on a strict diet...... Any suggestions?

"I would love to know how to get that slimmed down, besides the excercise (sorry I can't spell!)....... His neck is nice... but need some major help in the belly compartment... he's already on a strict diet...... Any suggestions?" -MyBarakah

A strict diet, huh?
default_smile.png
Whatever that means to you, that's where you're going to have to begin in trying to trim down your gelding's belly. I'm going to guess that you probably do need to adjust his feed. Also keep in mind that some horses just don't trim down conformationally as well as others. I would also be working him up to cantering and galloping for about 20 minutes, 5 days a week...

"I just bought a stallion who needs MAJOR Sweating..... I have been using a sweat aid under his neck sweat and working him in it for an hour a day, where I then remove the sweat and wash his neck to prevent chafing and burns. But I'm not seeing any major differences. Now I do leave the Jowl sweat on 24/7 and i can see a clear change, He now has some definition and you can tell where the neck ends and the head begins..." -Novel_tfarm

As I mentioned above, you might also consider adjusting your horses diet. Additionally, I would suggest leaving both a neck and a jowel WRAP (not SWEATS) on your stallion 24/7 and even during workouts WITHOUT using a sweating aide. Be sure to take the wraps off every so often especially if your horse sweats heavily as they will need to be washed and your horses neck will need to be aired out.

Latest posts

Back