Surprise! Suprise! Need help with a name please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainViewMiniatures

Reaction score
Our smallest (yet largest!) mini mare -Westrocks Lynne St James- surprised us with a little sorrel beauty Saturday morning. When we purchased Lynne mid Oct 2005 from Elaine Jones, she was not suppose to be in foal even though she had been pastured with a stallion all summer. I guess she had other plans!
default_yes.gif
:

We introduced her to Shameless and his harem of 2 mares in January 2006 at which time she promptly double barreled him in the chest to show him she was the boss - he was in
default_wub.png
: so he didn't care and behaved like a perfect gentleman. She was very chubby when I got her and she had slimmed down some by then but I wasn't pushing the issue just yet - I did figure Shameless bred her in the early spring for an 07 foal, so again, I did not put her on a strict diet, Thank Goodness

Well, Lynne just popped her out Sat morning and she is a tiny girl at 15 inches tall and only 16 1/2 lbs , perfectly formed and full term, she latched on right away and everything went text book

So here she is (Note, my daughter is only 5'3" and her hair is wet!) - she does have a crescent shaped star on her forehead- please any ideas for names would be greatly appreciated!

IM000421.jpg

Lynne06andVirginia2.jpg

Big Congrats on such a little filly!! What a wonderful surprise. So whos the daddy??

Congratulations on such a pretty little girl and safe delivery. Your daughter is a knock-out
default_yes.gif
: and that is a very lovely photo of the three girls.

What a gorgeous little surprise. Your daughter is very pretty also and her hair being wet doesn't make her shorter
default_smile.png
Joking.

How about Lynne's August Surprise

Lynne's Lil Cresent Moon

A Shocking Surprise

Lynne's tiny Spark(or flame)

I'm not very creative tonight. Good luck with a name she is darling.

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on the filly and my daughter. I'm waiting to hear from Elaine who the sire is - these pictures don't show this cutie to her best advantage - she has a much longer neck than it appears here - i also apologize at the size of the pictures, I kept shrinking them but obviously not enough

she's really precious!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

so if shameless is the daddy, then:

Shockingly Shameless, Shameless Surprise, Shameless Star, Moonstruck And Shameless, No Shame Here!

if it's not, then you can add the dam's or sire's name to:

(insert prefix/part of name here if desired) Surprise Me (insert suffix/part of name here if desired)

" " Suprise Me Why Dont Ya " "

" " Oh What A Suprise " "

" " Jump The Moon " "

" " Suprising Star " "

" " Morning Star " "

" " Twinkle Little Star " "
default_wub.png
:

" " Lovely Cresent " "

:aktion033: :bgrin CONGRATS on such a lovely filly!
default_yes.gif
:

She's so sweet and precious! Congrats!!! Your daughter is lovely!

Wow! Sharon, what a very lovely baby! But I can't believe how grown up your daughter is now! OMG, where's that cute kids with Kitty's colt a long while ago, you have a beautiful young woman there, tell her I said so! Looks like she still has the magic with the horses, congratulations, I know you just love this mare. As for a name, gosh..I have to think on it. Full moon last nite, unexpected arrival, who's your daddy?, perfect baby...hmmmmmmmm, put it all together...................

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations, they are both adorable!!!!!

Those are the best kind of surprises!!!!!

Thanks all - really love the names you are coming up with! Virginia is partial to Whos your Daddy and Surprise me why dont ya

I can't wait to find out who the sire is - usually I'm pretty good at remembering and/or writing down what stallion she was with but Elaine seemed pretty certain she wasn't in foal- She is being such a good mom for a first timer and has really soften her disposition (althou she did try to take a chunk out of me and virginia the first day!)

Yes, Virginia has really grown and another year she will be off to college (yikes! I will lose my mini co conspirator!) she wants to be an Ag high school teacher which will also give her the opportunity to work full time with horses in the summers

As soon as I discover who Dad is I'll let everyone know - we are just so thrilled with this little girl and she is going to be a keeper to become the farm mascot.

Thanks again!

Very pretty on all counts!

Back