surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chandler@RoyalPalm

Reaction score
excuse my typing... im in bed...

i give credit to those who have any type of surgery... we all know that feeling going a sleep. lol

yesterday i had my hernia surgery and i havent been in the hospital for a surgery in 6 yrs... its funny that im a pretty much healthy person and the only go to the hospital for day surgeries (4th one)

i cant imagine no pain killers since they dont seem to kill the pain as it is with them.

so now just 4 weeks of no lifting! just had to get this done b4 worlds/

[SIZE=14pt] Wow Chandler,,,[/SIZE]

Hope you heal fast and can do what you want! Soon you will be power lifting!

When I had my surgery a couple years ago, there were many times I would go to do something and my mind and body had to remind me that was a No-No!!!! :no: But that changes fast and then you feel better than ever. Good luck at Worlds!

I've been talking to Chandler about his upcoming surgery for the last week. I keep reminding him about being careful when Worlds come around. I am looking at his pain as a wakeup call to remind him to be careful.

I had triple hernia surgery about five or six years ago. I've always had a fairly high pain level. The morning after my surgery was out taking care of my horses and dogs since I didn't have someone home to help. I was just cleaning my cabinets in my bathroom recently and threw away the left over pain killers that the doctor game me. Maybe I should have saved the pills and sent them to Chandler.

One more time Chandler, becareful when loading for Worlds.

Oh yeah do take it easy and make sure you heed any strange twinges or pains. It isn't worth it to have to go re-do a surgery or cause other complications by not following the recommended timelines for healing.

The hardest for me was those three C-Sections. No lifting anything over 5 lb. for 6 weeks...wow...even harder when you have a two year old who needs comforting b/c things are all strange when his new baby brother arrived! Hard to fight those instincts and it does take an amazingly long time to get to 100% when you're impatient to get back to normal.

So....hire some help or rely on some friends and family to give you a hand and take it a little easy even by the time Worlds roll around!

Best wishes!

Liz M.

I had major abdominal surgery in 2002 and while it is no fun at least you can get on the laptop for entertainment and do try to behave yourself now so that it heals up nicely and you can be done with it and be all healed and ready to go!! I hope it is all better for the World for you but if it isn't don't try to pretend that it is, get some help and be careful with it!!

Pam

Back