surgery & scary news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
We finally got the report from Rick's PET scan It showed what we expected in the neck- malignancy- but also showed something suspiscious in both sides of the hilum of lung Of course, that scared the heck out of me So... he had to have a CT scan of his chest today at last minute

His pre op work was at 9 am the CT scan at 4:30 so we drove into Boston twice ! Normally we would have taken advantage of the warm weather & walked around Boston but Rick needed to go to work for 2 hours to wrap things up as he is now officially out on disability

I should know my way by now I have to admit I am petrified of a few things ---Of course- geting the news from his surgeon after surgery, and driving out of Boston at rush hour in the dark It is not a fun thing The drivers are the worst & change lanes at the drop of a hat MA & Larry you know exactly what I am talking about !!

Anyaway please sedn plenty of positive vibes & prayers Rick's way

We need some gOOD news!

Lets hope the outcome is favorable and life soon returns to as near normal as possible while the treatments continue. I am sure he (and you) will be in many prayers during this.

This must be a very stressful time for both of you. With all the tests and then the driving in traffic, you must be really exhausted by now. I'll keep my thoughts of white light around Rick and pray for you to continue to have strength.

I've got lots of prayers for you and Rick and candles too.

He will be surrounded by many Angels.
default_yes.gif
:

I'll say a prayer for both of you. I hope you get some good news and he recovers quickly.

Linda,

I am keeping you and Rick in my thoughts and prayers! And, I can very much relate to not wanting to drive in city traffic. I have a big phobia about driving in near the Washington, DC traffic and cannot anymore.

Lots and lots of possitive thoughts heading your way.

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda,

You both are on my prayer list...... And yes, I understand what you mean about the driving.... The only driving I do when visiting is around the Medford neighborhood.

MA

[SIZE=18pt]Prayers coming from us too. I talked to Bruce today and he said he will think good thoughts for you both as well..... I dont envy you driving there even in the daylight![/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks for all the good thoughts & prayers Rick got home at 5 Pm I had daylight to drive in & did fine

Now we wait until next Thursday That is his appointment with the 3 doctors at Dana Farber to outline his treatment plan

he has a hugely sore throat but otherwise sailed through- no nausea or bad reactions

Back