Suggestions for a barn name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
I don't normally ask for name suggestions on the Forum, but we are at a complete loss as to what to call this filly. Her registered name is Reflections What A Star, but I don't want to call her Star. We currently have a Starlight and recently had a Star. So.....Any ideas? I'll admit, I've been calling her Pudge,
blush.gif
as she is a fat little girl, but that isn't a good name for the elegant little show filly I plan for her to be next year!! These pics were taken before I picked her up:

WhatAStarJuly05cropped.jpg

7-05WhatAStar.jpg

You could always spell STAR backwards, but she's too pretty for that.!

She's really adorable.

LOL, Marty!

how about Elegance, or "ellie" as the name shortened?

i think "pudge" is cute even for a show filly! or COSMIC?

jennifer
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Jill, I have horrible memories of a Starlet (big horse) and her owner from years ago. The mare is probably foundered and dead by now, though, knowing her owner.
wacko.gif

Jennifer, I'll admit, as I was posting this thread, I did consider Ellie as I typed the word elegance.

LOL Marty, I couldn't do that to her!

Anyway, keep the names coming, and I'll talk it over with my mother/partner.

What about Caroli? (said as "Carolee". It is a name of a star and very feminine name.

"Reflection" would be a pretty name, too! Or Diva?

And, I understand about "Starlet". I think it's bad luck to use the same name 2x if there was anything bad involving the first time around.

Marty said:
You could always spell STAR backwards, but she's too pretty for that.!
She's really adorable.

466352[/snapback]

LMAO, oh Marty!!

Hmm, what about

Sammy

Sam

Sassy

Cherry

Ginger

Jasmine

Dancer

Destiny

Sadie

Patches

I am really bad at names..
rolleyes.gif

I am horrible at names..

Well, when I looked at the picture I thought "Two-stepper". She just looks like a two-stepper. And a mighty pretty two-stepper at that.

Clara

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience has been that sometimes names just happen, we have a horse with the name Caldwell's Impressible I tried for days to think of a name to call him and one day I just looked and him and there he was my Presley, I have no idea where it came from but it fits him, we also have a Ding which came from the infamous Seinfield episode about the Dingo and last but not least our Shetland Road Pony is Swamp he liked to play in water as a young pony and well the name kind of fit. Good Luck
saludando.gif

She looks like a Monique or Daphne she is so dainty even if she is a pudge. I have one that looks like that as well but would rather that than thin going into winter.

Here's a few suggestions,

Dazzle

Sparkle

Gorgeous

Hello Dolly

Fame

Torie

Tawney

I have to say I am partial to horses barn names comming out of there registered name so it all makes sence.

Id call her Reflection or Star
yes.gif

BUT if you didnt want to go with either of them I love the name commet.

Star. Commet. Close.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back