Suggestions for a barn name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the help, but I think we finally found a name for her! We are going to call her Isis, which means "supreme goddess of the stars."

She is a Sonnet!
wub.gif

Names just happen...back when I was a trainer, the person who owned the barn where I boarded took me to a stall to show me a horse she wanted to work out a deal with...so I'd train him for her. He had just come in from a horrible, Oregon winter muddy pasture and instead of being white, he was brown and yellow.
no.gif
We opened the door, and I said "You want me to make a show horse out of this skuz ball??!" The name Skuz stuck. His registered name was El Kizon, and he did become a wonderful show horse...excelling in English Pleasure, and later on became a schooling horse for a big name trainer. But while he was under my care, he was Skuz. I also had a Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy didn't get ridden for the first month or so because she was so darned FAT!!! But, she had the attitude of the character Miss Piggy, and it really fit! Her registered name was Shakker!!! (pronounce that Shocker!)

I also like the name Pudge...but then again, I called a horse Skuz once upon a time!!!
unsure.gif
Stella is far less derogetory!!!

Kim R .

Hi
saludando.gif

new_shocked.gif
WOW, she's stunning and I love the barn name you've chosen
aktion033.gif
, I think it really suits her.

Good thing, as I have enough trouble trying to think of names for my own, let alone for someone else, lol. That's why I leave it to the kids and end up with names like, Elmo, Sparkle etc..... This year I think if we have a filly, Tiffani is going to name her 'Bella'.....hmmmmm......we've already used that name, even if it is one of my Burmese girls
rolleyes.gif
, lol.

Nicole

I like Pudgy, are you sure she doesnt already know that as her name???

I have a gelding here that I call that. You can either yell that or his name, either one and he will come to you.

LOL, Ashley, I'm sure she doesn't think of herself as Pudge. I tried to limit her exposure to that name. We were calling her What A Star, but that was a mouthful.

LOL, Ashley, I'm sure she doesn't think of herself as Pudge. I tried to limit her exposure to that name. We were calling her What A Star, but that was a mouthful.

Nicole, we've had a Snoopy and a Peanut (both ponies), a Scooby (big horse), and a cat named Flower (after the skunk in Bambi). Oh, can't forget the cat called Skunk!

Latest posts

Back