Sugar Rock farm still around?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin gal

Reaction score
We have been trying to contact Sugar Rock Farm for the last several weeks and can't get a reply via email or phone. Does any one know if he is still around, sick, busy or what he is up to? Hope he is okay.
default_unsure.png
: Mary

I hope he's alright, I just ordered merchandise from him this week.

Hi,

Don't know them very well, but have ordered from them in the past and had great service until the last order. Ordered 14 halters and only got 13. Called and e-mailed several times and gave up. Finally about 6 or 7 weeks later, they e-mailed me and asked which one I was missing and they would send it. I e-mailed the information and heard nothing more. Didn't get my halter either. It has been over 4 months. Hope all is well with them. Just wish they would put a note on their website if they are unable to fill orders at this time.

I e-mailed them the beginning of last week, to order halters and leads,too. I needed a price on the rope leads, not the dog leash type. I did not hear anything, either...

Well I ordered off his site and bought halters. Then he called cause I inquired about Dealer pricing, and we had a good conversation, but over a week and still no halters..........kinda worried now.

I phoned, and emailed a order and asked about dealer cost. I did not get any answer until I sent a Paypal order. (money) I got the halters some time after. Had a BIG customs bill. My order that was just over $67.00 (as per invoice) was put as a purchase of just under $700.00 by sugar rock. I needed Sugarrock to clear this up with customs, as that was the value they put on the box. I had to pay the fees on that amount if I wanted the halters or they would be sent back. I have given up leaving messages, and emails.

:eek: I did a order in Jan,5,2007 for halters & leads $200.00 worth, it was paid at that time on my creditcard,got my credit statement paid in Jan 2007 but no halters or leads or any emails by Sugar Rock
default_unsure.png
: I did notice they took there website off on LB minitack site :no: so I hope I'm not out $200 for nothing.

Kathy at K.& G.Hiddenfarm

Brians been doing this for a couple yrs now, just undependable. Look at the kayjayfarm.com. They have simular halters and leads for $6, with lead, still a good price and I haven't ordered yet from them but their service has got to be better than Sugar Rocks, being theirs is non existant!

I also e-mailed Sugar Rock looking to purchase something, had questions first though. Never received an answer. I won't buy from someone who does not have good customer service, there's to many suppliers out there who do work hard for their customers.

I have ordered halters from KayJay (no affiliation with them, just a happy customer), and their service is wonderful! We have had no problems or issues with them, and the halters and leads we received work very well for us.

There was a post on here about finding good halters for minis and it was said in that thread that Sugar Rock had been neglecting the orders. Mary Lou also explained in that thread that there were reasons that Sugar Rock was no longer a link on the tack page. Now, we did one order from Sugar Rock back in July. It came but it was slow.... I know people who have ordered and still haven't gotten their halters. After everything that had been said and talking with people who aren't on the forum who have ordered from them, we just decided that we weren't going to take the chance and ordered from KayJayFarm.com.

Am glad I saw this thread.

Sorry all of you have gone through this.

I have gotten nice custom halters from Robinson's Harness. Have been dealing with Otha for years and so far so good.

Maggie's leather is not fancy...but it had been a nice sturdy halter for her for the last 8 years.

Am not sure they make nylon ones but it might be worth it to ask.

It's been over a month since I placed my order. No communication from sugar rock. If there's a problem at sugar rock, the least they could do is send an e-mail explaining it. None of my e-mails to them have been answered so I filed a dispute with PayPal, maybe they can do something. Won't order from them again sorry to say.

Lee

I have ordered from Sugar Rock in the past as was planning on placing a order soon. Thanks for the info about not getting your orders will not be doing business with them and will find another place.

Really sad that sugar rock has ruined their reputation like that. When they first started out they seemed to really want to please their customers and Bryan would even call and ask if we were happy with our order. But it has been a real pain since he changed his ways. I want to add that I too will be odering and recommending Kay Jay. Melissa is trying to help us get what we need now and I really appreciate someone that will go the extra step to help out a customer. Yeah KayJay! :aktion033: Mary

I am really sad to hear about all these dissatisfied orders. I have ordered from Bryan in the past and even went to his farm to pick up an order. I was very happy with my orders. I regret hearing that others have not had the same success.

Business is very important and keeping up with orders is essential to maintaining a business.

However, before condemning the man, consider the POSSIBILITY of a serious auto accident or heart attack. Most normal illnesses would allow a person to continue their business or at least properly shut it down, but in the case of an unforeseen and immediate incapacitation, that might not be possible.

I am not trying to make excuses, I am just considering possibilities. I hope every-one's problems are resolved.

I am sorry to hear of the problems with getting your orders.. but agree with Songcatcher that perhaps something happened to the owner of the business.. but unfortunately, these types of issues are not only related to horse "stuff".. I have ordered a couple of things on Amazon.com (non horse related..
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) back in November and have had HORRIBLE service from them trying to get my order.

I buy a lot of my horse related items from my friend Jim Curry of JC Tack. He has great quality items and gets the orders out asap... and since I don't know if it is ok to post a link to his website here, feel free to email me and I would be happy to email it to you, or just look up JC Tack on the internet. He also posted a "for sale" ad on the Sale Board yesterday and his website is embedded there as well. I know that Pondlake Stables also has some SUPER leadropes, halters and things as well... (love, love, LOVE their leadropes!!
default_yes.gif
: )

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

If I remember right, there were health issues involved - heart attack or heart problems....

That said I ordered last year, took me a while to finally get in touch with him via phone, but got my order quick.......haven't ordered anything though

Am glad I saw this thread.

Sorry all of you have gone through this.

I have gotten nice custom halters from Robinson's Harness. Have been dealing with Otha for years and so far so good.

Maggie's leather is not fancy...but it had been a nice sturdy halter for her for the last 8 years.

Am not sure they make nylon ones but it might be worth it to ask.
She does make nice nylon halters for $6. 1 halter can fit my 29.75" stud to a 37.50" mare.

Update; My halters came in the mail today. They're very nice and just what I ordered it's too bad the customer satisfaction has gone down.

If I had been e-mailed that there would be a delay for some reason, I would be fine with that. But no communication is a bad bussiness practice.

Lee

Latest posts

Back