Stress Thread! Just let it all out here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Ok, so stress plays an important part in whether we succeed or fail on our weightloss goals. I thought a stress thread would be great for us. We can come here and vent whatever it is that is bothering us. Other's can choose to reply, or not, but at least we get it out of our system. (I have a bad habit of holding things in!)

I'll go first! Last month, the district decided to close two schools in my town. That created a lot of bumping in the job ranks, and lay-offs. I am somewhat high in senority where I shouldn't be affected by it, but I am still nervous because it depends on how many jobs get eliminated. Then two weeks ago, my husband's job notified them that 25 guys were going to be laid off. Fortunately, my husband wasn't one of them but the stress and worry has been terrible. We just found out that instead of losing his job, he is being furloughed 65 hours within the next 6 weeks. That doesn't seem like much, especially compared to what a lot of other people are going through, but six and a half days is still going to be a $2,000 loss between the next three paychecks.

And finally, my fight with a snowflake on February 20. My eye has been beat red since it happened, and get's irritated easily. This was taken on a good day where it wasn't irritated...

Photo2089_zps2772c000.jpg

Anyway, I went to Urgent Care (they gave me an antibiotic even though it didn't seem infected). Then I went to my optometrist, who gave me a corti-steroid to help with inflammation. That didn't work, so a week later he gave me a stronger one. I used it for two days and woke up with a puffy eyelid both days, so I had to stop. I went to my primary care physician and she diagnosed me with Pterigium, and told me there was nothing that could be done for it, it was either permanent or it would just have to settle down on it's own. Then I went and saw an optomologist, and he gave me an even stronger steroid, which also has an antibiotic and anti-inflammitory in it. After the first drop, the red turned into a pink and now after two and a half days, my eye is almost normal again. I still have a little bit of bumpiness in it, but it is a 100 times better. Did I mention that I love that man? Lol.

Ok, I feel better now.
default_smile.png

Yea! Glad that your eye finally got relief!!!

Okay-I am stressed too. First-I spent years (since high school-OK, I'm in my 50's) with IBS, the type that sent me to the restroom ALOT! No weighLOSS problems then. Although I spent times looking close to a Holocaust victim (tears through that too). Wonderful Probiotics! Now I can eat! And eat I do! Now I am not huge-but I could lose 10-20 pounds and TONE UP. I have always been a bookworm couch potato-so that's a hard one. And of course I have a compulsive sweet tooth. For Health sake, besides looking some better, I want to lose some pounds. But there's the stress and there goes the ambitions out the door! First winter's too cold and I'm bored. Then it turns too hot (anything over 80 degrees for me) and I'm miserable and cranky. Hubby has to work too much and there's no time for him to work his horses and he's so tired. I work part time and when I am home I try to do the housework and there's no time for the horses. Suddenly I don't want to show either. I miss my old retired driving mini and my present one is as stubborn and cranky as I can be - hmmmm! So I nibble and I nibble and I sit and I sit-you get the picture.

And then I am fairly computer ignorant, so I have trouble going places and communicating on it-aghhhh!!! I guess all one can do is keep trying. Okay-enough for now. I feel a bit better.

Latest posts

Back