strange lacing pattern

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte and Miniv Thank you so much. We just love our boy too. He is so much fun and so beautiful, atleast to me. I have to admit, my whoole life I wanted a black stallion, and when I clipped him and saw what had happened, I was a little worried. But we got such a reaction at the show. Everyone loved him. And if I were going to open him to outsidee breedings at this point I could have filled his dance card that day alone.

Sadly this Winter Vick rubbed a good portion of his main off.
default_new_shocked.gif
Even with constant MTG and a Mane tamer he still looks like a rooster. So my good show boy will get a little time off until he grows back in. Once I clip him, I will show you some more pictures, to see how much he has changed.

Yes, I have a stallion who has very prominant cobwebbing all over his torso. It appeared quickly and is all through out his coat. He is a solid black. Check him out, he is on the my stallion page. Before and after.www.rustyacresfarmminis.com
When you show them, would you put them in the mulit-color class?

Iowa, Genetically Ellen's stallion is "solid". It would be like entering a black horse with a star and/or socks into multi-color.

I forget to tell you, I show Vic as a solid. He is something. We only had one show after this crazy pattern appeared. That judge loved it. And he was Grand again, but I sure we will run into those that hate it.

My good friend was up here to vist me Friday. She bought Vic a sheets, shipping boots and a show halter with a giraffe print on it. LOL! My birthday is at the end of the month, so she had a goos laugh on me and poor Vic. Hahaha!

Vicks Dam also has lacing as it runs in that bloodline, but not nearly as much as Vick. I knew from the minute Vick was born he was special
default_smile.png
When he was born he was a mousy grey color like most blacks. People kept insisting he was grey which I knew was impossible so thats why I named him Baxters Black Conviction

Kay

Hi, I just came on, haven't been here in a while. Does anyone recall reading about the lacing being found to come from Rowdy? I don't know why but do remember reading something a while back on color genetics...and for some reason it is stuck in my head that they have linked it all to Rowdy. I would love to know, I have a mare with very prominent lacing on her back and her grand dam was hardshipped in to AMHA, cannot find her on AMHR, but Rowdy not showing up anywhere else. Just curious, she has a lot of appaloosa in her bloodline. Thanks for any hep

Mojo,

The lacing IS proving to be inherited, however no one has been able to pinpoint if it comes from ONE specific line...... I do know that even full sized horses have shown it.

We have one mare with Rowdy in her background (via Redboy) and yes, she has a small bit of lacing at her withers.

Our most dramatic lacing has (so far) come from horses that have Bond Showboy in their background.

Ellen, your stallion is too cool! I've never seen one like that. I love it!

We have a black mare with lacing, although it isn't extensive, and she's not a young girl anymore.

Thank you Miniv, I don't know why I thought I read that somwhere...must have been one of those crazy dreams, lol.

Latest posts

Back