Strange Favorite Foods?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Inspired by another thread, I'm wondering what are your favorite "weird" things to eat?

I'm usually pretty obsessed with food but even more the past week or so since I've been on a low carb diet.

One of my favorite things since I was a kid that I bet no one else would like to try is Ketchup Macaroni. It's cooked elbow pasta, a little butter, a little sugar, and ketchup. Must be eaten immediately since it's not good left over
laugh.gif

Also, I will eat those imitation bacon bits like a snack. Not the real ones, the fake ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine would have to be apple and peanut butter sandwiches! Yummy! Ketchup on Macaroni and cheese is good!
yes.gif

Fran

I love homemade milk chocolate cake and Bettermade potato chips, nice gold ones not burnt! And a nice cold glass of diet Coke with ice!!! YUMMY!!!

I'm counting carbs too! So I never get to have this but maybe once I'm down to where I want to be I'll splurge and treat my self!
biggrin.gif

Leya

My most favorite is potato hash, (peels left on) with an egg scrambled right along with it. This is the only thing that I will eat with ketsup.

Ok, weird; but in the morning I make my tea and 2 pieces of toast with butter and those thin chocolate wafers......it's all melty and gooood. Ok I'm nuts.

I thought of another one! Rice cereal! Cook some Minute Rice, put in a cereal bowl, add cold milk and sugar. Comfort food!

I make my tea and 2 pieces of toast with butter and those thin chocolate wafers
MMMMMMMmmmmmm.....
wub.gif
I cannot eat chocolate any more...migranes...so I have convinced myself, I don't like it.
rolleyes.gif

Try sprinkling Quick over your toast; on top of the melted butter...
yes.gif

Well I like popcorn with chocolate chips and I dip cookies in my hot chocolate. I can't think of many weird things I like to eat.

A cup of hot chocolate......melt some cheese in it....then dunk a whole lotta vanilla wafers into it as well and let it all soak, melt and blend together..MMMmmmmmmGoooddd!!!
aktion033.gif

I luv a nice hot bowl of tomato soup and I melt chedder or tasty cheese in it and eat it with crispy toast! YUMMY!
wub.gif

I luv a nice hot bowl of tomato soup and I melt chedder or tasty cheese in it and eat it with crispy toast! YUMMY!
wub.gif

Umm lets see, I have plenty strange snacking habits...

I will sit down and eat a whole can of cranberry sauce. Its a comfort food I guess.

I am a clementine-a-holic. I go through about 3 of those cases of them a week.

Cookie dough. I consider this one of my greatest weaknesses. I am not capable of making a batch of cookies unsupervised because I will eat all of the dough.

Hidden Valley Ranch. I believe I need a holster that I can strap to my belt so I have my ranch with me at all times. Carrots, tomatoes, celery, cukes, chicken, sandwiches, crackers, pretzels, wings, oh yea and salads
aktion033.gif

Melting Chocolate for recipes...of course I really love chocolate, but I dont like candy bar type chocolate, I buy a bag of melting chocolate wafers from a candy store. Yummy!

I always put apples on my vanilla ice cream.

Caramel....is one of the greatest foods in the earth, this is about the most unhealthy thing you can eat, but take a can of sweetened condensed milk, set the can in a pot of water and simmer all day on low. At the end of the day you will have a can of pure caramel. Dip apples in it or just eat it. Eat first regret later
yes.gif

Yea I eat strange things, and thats not even the half of it, just what came to mind right now.

Ashley

Dimimore said:
Ok, weird; but in the morning I make my tea and 2 pieces of toast with butter and those thin chocolate wafers......it's all melty and gooood.  Ok I'm nuts.

I thought of another one!  Rice cereal!  Cook some Minute Rice, put in a cereal bowl, add cold milk and sugar.    Comfort food!

534194[/snapback]

OMG I haven't had rice cereal in forever...I prefer left over rice from the day before a bit of honey and cream (I don't do milk so if I am going to it better be good)

I have weird eating habits as it is.....I love fried potatoes with onions and drenched in ketchup....I like my french fries darn near burnt with ketchup, good tartar, or ranch.

I will eat chips and salsa for dinner.......I love salad preferably chefs or cobb with a big hunk of warm french bread (no margarine). Soups any kind thick and warm in winter.....yummm......I am not a fan of eggs but love a big ole overstuffed omlet every once in a while

cucumber sandwiches (with butter or cream cheese)

pickles just plain baby dills by the jar.....

I figure over the course of a year I get all my food groups in at near the right amounts....I am a very seasonal eater
wink.gif
as in certain times of the year call for certain foods.....

One of my favorite things since I was a kid that I bet no one else would like to try is Ketchup Macaroni. It's cooked elbow pasta, a little butter, a little sugar, and ketchup.
Ugh, Jill that sounds disgusting!
smileypuke.gif
smile.gif
I am not a fan of ketchup. My mother in law eats it on everything, grosses me out! I might eat a little bit on french fries but that's it. I think it's because I was allergic to ketchup when I was a toddler so I ate fries w/ mustard so I would much rather dip my fries in that.
yes.gif
For some reason I get strange looks when I do this - so maybe this is weird.
rolleyes.gif
I do not care for Ranch on my fries, actually I don't even care for Ranch on salad....

Weird things I love to eat: peanut butter & dill pickle sandwiches, sweet gerkins wrapped in dried beef. Whenever I eat the second my husband always asks if I'm pregnant.
rolleyes.gif
Other things that are really good are hot pickled okra, jalapeno stuffed green olives & dilled brussel sprouts. I don't think this is too weird, anyone who likes pickled stuff would like these.
smile.gif
Although I did have to talk my husband into eating the okra because it was "slimy", now he can't leave it alone.
rolleyes.gif
Oh yes, just remebered another weird good food - hard boiled egg sandwich! If I remember right I read about this in a Sue Grafton novel. Slice a hard boiled egg onto toasted bread smeared w/ mayo & add a bit of salt - yummy!

I also love peanut butter (w/ syrup of course) on pancakes, waffles or french toast - my husband thinks this is the weirdest thing he's ever seen but I grew up doing it so it isn't weird to me - and it's delicious!!!

That's all I can think of, I'm sure there are other things - my family always asks if I was adopted because I like weird food.

My biggest indulgence is popcorn, not microwave - real popcorn made on the stove w/ oil, butter & salt.
wub.gif

Another Ranch fan here! Love the stuff, it goes on Everything.

Hymm well I am a huge fan of pickled beets. (With ranch of course!)

Also cottage cheese with ketsup!

Hymmm, oh and corned beef hash on an english muffin with mayo and mustared and sliced pickles, and melted motzeralla all over it! I Love that!! Yum Yum Yum!

If it has cream cheese in it, on it, under it, I'll eat it.
biggrin.gif

minih said:
If it has cream cheese in it, on it, under it, I'll eat it. 
biggrin.gif

534461[/snapback]

ME TOO!! I am also one of those who loves mac-n-cheese with katchup! I also LOVE blue cheese. ( Made my self a blue cheese burger last night - hamburger fried with mushrooms and topped with tons of bluecheese just till it starts to melt. YUMMY YUM YUM!! ) I love limburger cheese as well, also olives and olive juice in my salads and in my tomato juice. What else, hmmm - I know there is more...Oh - I love a dill pickle sandwhich - dill pickles on bread with mustard, cheese and onions. Oh boy, time to go and find something to EAT! What a fun thread Jill!

Lori

Well you wont find me eating anything strange. I am the queen of picky eaters. If I can see whats in it, I wont eat it. If it smells funny I wont eat it. I have a very bad gag reflex so if I dont like the taste/smell of something it comes back up very very fast. One example is mold, if I smell it, I get very close to pukeing. I have gotten better over the years of doing hay thou.

Cheese or anything cheese flavored - I love it! I put tons of cream cheese on my bagels, I love grilled cheese sandwiches, I LOVE Kraft dinner, Cheetos cheezies, cheese ball with crackers or just a chunk of cheese off the block.

A "wierd" thing I like is baby carrots with peanut butter for dip. I discovered this years ago during a night of drinking and I've loved it ever since.

OK, my FAVE! peanut butter sandwich with raspberry preserves and sweet pickle slices! YUMMMMMMMMMMM! i know it sounds wierd but it is wonderful!

jennifer
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back