Stove top griddle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonloubri

Reaction score
Does anyone use a stove top griddle? I am looking for where to buy 11 or 12 inch griddle to use that won't warp the first time I use it. Mainly would like it for grilled sandwiches, bacon, eggs etc. I have looked on the internet but can't tell if they are any good or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I would definitely go with good old American-made cast iron from Lodge. You can find their products in stores and on line, but since they're so heavy, shipping can add a lot to the price. Cast iron is an excellent conductor of heat, won't warp and will last a lifetime. I treasure my pieces of cast iron! If I was told that I could only keep certain things in my kitchen, my cast iron pots and pans, plus my Henckel knife set would be at the top of the list.

Just to give you another idea though...I find I use my electric pancake griddle a LOT for things like you mentioned. We have an island in our kitchen and I just plug it in there and we have an instant breakfast bar with pancakes, bacon, eggs...you name it. We also use it quite a bit for grilled sandwiches as well as warming up tortillas. I bet you can find one for a fairly reasonable cost ($20?) or spend quite a bit more for a really fancy one! We use ours frequently and the non-stick lasts about 5 years before we have to buy a new one. I don't think that's too bad.

So I hope that helped. Have fun shopping!

(I got a new, bright red crock pot for $18 today! That's my Christmas present to myself!)

Jayne

I've got a square Calphalon griddle that my husband and I use constantly for grilled sandwiches and burgers and such. It has a nonstick surface and had been very durable for several years now... it's one of the very favorite kitchen tools here...

Andrea

We had what I believe you are talking about when I was a kid. It fit across 2 burners. I believe it was cast aluminum. We used it all the time. I have no idea what happened to it. I would suggest that if you want one that won't warp look at an antique store that has a ton of just all kinds of stuff instead of just the neat furniture stuff. I think the new ones, unless you get a cast iron one and it will weigh a ton.

Jayne - forgot to mention, I have a glass top stove and they don't recommend using cast iron. :-( Thought about the electric but I have limited counter space and figured the small stove top would be more convenient.

disneyhorse - I think that is one of the kinds I saw on Amazon.com and wondered how good it is.

Katien - I hadn't thought about a two burner one. Wonder how it would do if you only used one burner.

If you are looking for a sq. one, Tfel makes a really nice one. We have one and use it all the time. Not supposed to wash in the dishwasher so we do use non-stick spray on it. Never had even an egg stick.

Latest posts

Back