STOLEN MINIATURE MARE in Rosedale, Indiana

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotsofspots

Reaction score
My friend's 10-year-old buckskin pinto mare was stolen some time Friday night when she was out of town. All you folks in the Rosedale, Indiana (or surrounding) area please be on the lookout for this mare. The sheriff's department has been notified and flyers are being passed around. Please contact Jan at MCA Miniature Horses at [email protected] or call (812) 236-9405--cell. Here is her picture.

foalmomrun.jpg

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE 12/21/07 from Jan: I have had some updates on Buttermilk. It seems that a witness saw them loading her into a two horse trailer between 2:00 PM and 2:45 PM last Thursday, 12/13/07. I left for work a bit late that day, at 1:50 PM. That means the people had been watching me and knew my schedule. Also, three men were seen climbing over a fence by the barn, leaving my property, the night before. They probably tried to steal her that night but the gates surrounding the barn are locked, so they had to wait until daylight. Instead of parking their trailer in front of my barn, they pulled up just past my house. That means they walked up my driveway and through my backyard, gaining access to my barn though my back yard, a distance of about 600' from the road to the barn. These people have likely been on my property before, because the passageway they used, though an unlocked opening, looks like a solid fence from the road. These horse thieves were quite brazen, turning on their truck's flashing lights and double parking along a well- traveled road in broad daylight. I don't have a good description of the truck, just that it was an older (1980's) model farm truck pulling an old two horse trailer. I am hoping that other persons will remember seeing them parked in front of my house and will be able to give a better description of the vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_no.gif
so sorry for your friends,

very pretty mare.

we will pray she returns home safe.
default_pray.gif
keep us posted

sorry to hear that -- she is a gorgeous mare. Any word yet? Hopefully they will find her safe and sound soon.

I had my Big horses stolen once. They pulled out the back fence with a truck. After I tracked them down the person said they would not return them until I bought a horse trailer (I didn't own one). They had taken the horses across town. I informed them I knew who they were (I had to know since I called them) and where the were and that horse theft WAS a feloney. They brought the horses back and we did not press charges. I was just happy we got the horses back (they took 3)

Was this mare in a barn or out on pasture? This is a miniature horse owner's worse nightmare! My heart goes out for this owner. Please keep us posted. I live in Indiana, and I will keep my ears/eyes open.

Thanks for posting this.

Pam Taylor

www.taylorstinytreasures.com

May we copy and paste your post to other forums that we belong to with members in your state and surrounding?

Prayers for this beautiful mare and her family....

Jan is who we purchased our stallion, Impressive Lights, from this year and i have kept in contact with her, she is such a nice lady and i hope to god she gets her mare back. She is very very beautiful ..

I will keep an eye out for her, even though we are a state away everything counts.

Bumping this up again with an update--I don't know how else to do it other than to edit my original post, which I did, and add another post. This is directly from Jan with some leads. If anyone has seen anything, please let her know. Thanks:

UPDATE 12/21/07: I have had some updates on Buttermilk. It seems that a witness saw them loading her into a two horse trailer between 2:00 PM and 2:45 PM last Thursday, 12/13/07. I left for work a bit late that day, at 1:50 PM. That means the people had been watching me and knew my schedule. Also, three men were seen climbing over a fence by the barn, leaving my property, the night before. They probably tried to steal her that night but the gates surrounding the barn are locked, so they had to wait until daylight. Instead of parking their trailer in front of my barn, they pulled up just past my house. That means they walked up my driveway and through my backyard, gaining access to my barn though my back yard, a distance of about 600' from the road to the barn. These people have likely been on my property before, because the passageway they used, though an unlocked opening, looks like a solid fence from the road. These horse thieves were quite brazen, turning on their truck's flashing lights and double parking along a well- traveled road in broad daylight. I don't have a good description of the truck, just that it was an older (1980's) model farm truck pulling an old two horse trailer. I am hoping that other persons will remember seeing them parked in front of my house and will be able to give a better description of the vehicle.

This is just horrible...I hope Jan gets her mare back...really SOON too. What dumb hats have nothing better to do but watch someones daily schedule, make notes of how to get in the barn, try and fail to steal a horse...and then go and do it in broad daylight? What idiots!

Hi,

I am not sure if you ever heard of Craigslist this reaches alot of people .... , you could post info on there under pets and lost and found. Post under your State and surrounding states, incase someone is going to try to sell her. PM me if you need some help posting.

Im SSOOO Sorry! I hope they find her!

default_no.gif

default_no.gif
OMG this is terrible, I hope and pray your friend gets her beautiful mare back safe and sound. Are there any horse auctions in Indiana, you may want to notify the auctioneers and send a photo in case the thieves decide to auction her off.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back