Stolen Miniature Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
Stormystolenfilly.jpg

A friend just called to tell me her yearling filly has been stolen from her pasture. The picture doesn't show much but her color however she is very small, about 30", liver chestnut color, very friendly...Stormy is her name. She is in the center of the photo. She also has a back deformaty so should be easy to spot. Taken from the Paw Paw area yesterday. Please contact Joanne at this email [email protected] if you see or hear of a little dark chestnut filly for sale, or new in your area. Please watch auctions and craigs list etc. Net Possee is being contacted as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe alot of you know about this web site but it does search all of craigslist....www.craiglook.com.......

Further information and photos from the owner:

here is a good picture of stormy she is between 27to29 inches at the shoulder very sweet and very loveable she thinks shes a person or a dog. she has a tiny cream slash between her eyes and her left eye facing her has a tiny scar on the eye ball have to look for it she loves everything and everybody.

she is a dark chestnut with a black and cream tail mail is dark. her right shoulder facing you has a lump about the size of a football on it it dont bother her movement at all

stormystolenfilly3.jpg

Stormystolenfilly2.jpg

I'll keep my eyes and ears open and spread the word.

According to the pictures, it looks as though your friend has multiple horses. This was the only one missing huh? Hope this is not a trend in the upper midwest as there was a gelding in ND that went missing as well.

Will forward the information to the sales barns in our area. Good luck!

Just Bumping, with Paw Paw so near the southern Michigan border she could easily be in Illinois or Indiana now.

When my friend returned home from work yesterday Stormy was in her front yard. Now somehow I do not think a yearling filly who had never been weaned from her momma would go on walkabout for a few days and somehow jump a 4 foot gate to get back. Will likely never know what happened. She is seeing the vet as she is showing some signs of trauma. Will let you know what they find.

It is wonderful news that she is back. Hopefully any trauma she may have gone through is treatable.

What a relief though to have her back. Let's hope the ND gelding is also found or returned.

Glad to hear she is back... could dogs or something have scared her out over the fence??? Dont think she would have just 'jumped back in' on her own though - she would more than likely have been hanging out in the yard.

Very good news that she's back.......Hope she wasn't abused.

Back