STOLEN MINI......missing mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreammountainminis

Reaction score
zorro.jpg

Miniature horse weanling stud colt 6 months old 27-28 inches black appy stud colt with some roaning and a baseball size white spot on his forehead ..Was wearing a green halter at the time he was taken..

Was stolen right out of my cousins barn 1508 shadyside road East Liverpool ohio . Please if you see him or know his where abouts contact melanie at [email protected] or tina at [email protected]

this is a family pet they have 6 minis ..And he was the only one stolen ..They took him out of the barn up a steep hill and we followed his tracks behind the gaurdrail and they just disappear......Thank you very much inadvance
no.gif

Good luck finding him! I live in NE Ohio, but am completely out of any horse circles- but I'll say a prayer that this guy is found safe and sound.

He's absolutely gorgeous. I hate to say it, too, but y'all may want to keep an eye on the Sugarcreek auction. I've heard alotta bad stuff about that auction -.-

How awful! People are so brazen nowdays...and will take them right under your noses!
no.gif

I'm in Ohio too....so will try to spread the word.

Anyone going to Sugar Creek today or Mount Hope tomorrow so they can look for him?

That is such a shame! Could you see people prints with his?

Good luck to you and the little guy!

Fran

fran maybe we should run to the auction?? that would be my first instinct if i had a horse stolen. im so sorry!!

Contact you local newspaper and see if they will run a story, contact local radio stations, put up flyers in all feed stores and even Walmarts, everywhere. Maybe the heat will be enough that he will be returned or left for someone to find. There was one here in Indiana that was stolen a couple of weeks ago, they did find him. Someone turned him loose so hopefully he would be found and they wouldn't get caught.

My cousin is in ohio doing every thing she can do to find her stolen mini ,

she is three hours away from me there isnt much i can do except post as many places as i can think of so far i have posted all the way to south carolinia ..

I wish there was more i could do as she has three kids and these minis are thier pets..

Im just trying to get the word out to people in case they are going to sales ect that we cant get too like the one in wooster ohio it is over 6hrs from me and at least 4 from her.. I really wish there was more i could do....But we will not give up for the kids sake we will keep looking..Thank you every one so much for all your info and advice it is greatly appreciated...I will keep everyone posted...

I'd contact Netposse and warm up the fax machine and fax everyone that does auctions.. to keep an eye out... You all are in our prayers...

God Bless,

Lynn W

You may also want to contact the vets in the area around your state. Often vets have to do paperwork in order to take horses to the auction. Also, if your state is one that requires a brand inspection, you need to contact the brand inspector as well as they are most often available at the auctions before a horse is run through it.

Yes, get the media on it. Even though you are 3 hours away, the media like (local tv stations) get to the largest number of people. Make this into a human interest story where the kids are the real victims and the media tends to feed off of kids and pets. And if one station turns you down, tell them you are going to another. Get as many stations behind you as you can. Also the local newspapers.

Oh, make sure all the auction houses in surrounding states are contacted as well. Many times horses are taken to neighboring states when stolen.

Netposse is a great place as well.

May also want to post stolen notices on all the popular horse sale sites like dream horse. This will help as well to keep the heat turned up.

While you may be a ways away, there is a lot you can do to help as 3 hours is nothing for a horse that is stolen.

My prayers with you and your cousin and that poor little colt. Hope he is quickly returned to your family.

That is awful to be stolen right out the barn. What a cute fella too. Hope he is found soon. Since I'm in CT, I'm too far away but will cross post to other lists I'm on for you. Good luck and hope he's found soon.

Joyce

I would like to thank everyone that has posted on here about my little guy, Zorro-

I hope he will be returned to us safely. The kids really miss him alot, my son who is 5 keeps checking in the barn to see if he has been returned to us. Melanie, I really appricate every thing you have been doing to help find Zorro, and all the posts you have done for us, because i couldn`t post his photos on them. Thanks again...Ross family

Oh Punky, that just breaks my heart reading about your little boy......

You've received some excellent suggestions on all the avenues to go with, so I can't really add to it.

Wishing you all well.....

MA

Punky ,

It is no problem I will do everything possible to try to get your little guy back to you ,I know how much he means to you and how much he means to the kids ..and I'm not just doing this because your family there is a big family of miniature horse owners here hoping and praying for his safe return..

I have listed on lil beginnings both forum and sale board , voyforums , netposse, millers miniature horse forums .mini horse world and will be posting on more sites as i find them...and we will keep everyone posted

That is so terrible and heartbreaking for everybody. I wish you the best of luck on getting your little guy back home???

On the off chance that Zorro managed to slip out and wasn't taken (they can be escape artists at times), I would also call the local Animal Control and Humane Societies to see if anybody found him or reported a loose horse.

Just another update Punky and I are letting everyone in the local area know humane officers, newspapers , We are putting out the word it is just a slow process ..We just hope whom ever has him has horse knowledge and knows how to take care of him...And we hope he gets returned safely..

We know he was taken as the gate to his stall locks and the stall was unlocked and the gate left hanging open....thank you all so much for being there and offering advice ....we'll keep you posted

just wanted to let you know that fran and i went to the sweetwater auction to see if he was there but we didnt see him. Praying you get him back soon!!

Kay

This is a nightmare - and it is my biggest fear. I never leave my babies out when I am not home, and now I learn that people are actually ENTERING barns to steal minis.....

How brazen to go inside the barn and scoop this cute little guy up ....

Zorro is in my thoughts, and I am praying that your little guy is returned soon.

Latest posts

Back