Starting a New Path with my herd

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that I've finally cut my numbers to just my horses that I want to show, minus one yearling filly who is still looking for her new home. With the birth of my son Liam in February and all my husband's back and neck surgeries it hit me hard that I need to cut back and stop breeding. We've decided that we are getting away from breeding, and starting our new path with showing.

Been thinking for a long time that due to the mini market, lack of homes for the foals and over population that it'd be in the best interest of everyone if more breeders cut back breeding. I do have two mares bred for next february/March and one due any day now but both all of those are being retained for showing as well.

I'm looking forward to starting our new adventure, and plan on being able to take the time to teach my son and husband proper horsemanship and enjoy just spending time with them and taking little vacations to go and show.

I'm hoping that I will get to go to AMHR Nationals in 2016 but we shall see how it goes. I can't wait to see where we will go with our new goals!

How many of yall have switched from breeding to either showing or just for pleasure?

Hi Katie,

Just wanted to wish you all the very best as you start your new adventure. Hope it bring good health and happiness for you,

Ryan
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back