StarRidgeAcres...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccy

Reaction score
Continuing prayers for your wee girl, and wondering if when you have a few minutes you could update us on how she is doing?

Thank you so much for asking! It means a TON to know that people actually care enough to ask!
default_yes.gif
:

I hadn't heard from the hospital since yesterday at 5pm, so I figured that was a good sign. When the call at night or very early in the morning, it's usually not very good news I've learned. So, I did just call for an update and here is where things are now:

About 2pm yesterday they HAD to take her cath out because her vein had ulcerated (I believe that is the term they used) and they really didn't want to put one in her other jugular since it wouldn't be good if that happened on both sides. So, from 2pm through 10pm she was on no addl fluids other than what she was getting from mom. I don't know if I've mentioned this yet (this week has been a blur!) but she has been with momma 24 hours per day since Tuesday evening. She did receive some fluids via isolated infusions every 8 hours until last night at midnight. Since then she's been without any intervention other than monitoring her levels. She's got energy and is "motoring around the stall" according to the vet. She still had diarrhea, but it's less frequent and the vet said she may be on the verge of coming out of that. Yeah! :aktion033: She's still on antibiotics and BioSponge. Her blood is a bit "too concentrated" whatever than means, but her electrolytes were normal, her lactaid (sp?) is going back up (now at 2.4, but that's within the realm of normal, just higher than she had been). But she'd been all the way up to a 6 and 8 is fatal, so I'll take the 2.4! The vet said if nothing worsens today she may come home tomorrow!!!! YIPPEE!! :aktion033:

I've been so cautious not to get too hopeful that I actually didn't know what to say to the vet when she told me. I guess I had myself prepared for the possibility that she might not come home. I'm still not sure it's registering in my brain yet.

I look at little Mira who is 7 days old now and then I look at little Lily who is 3 days old and Lily is literally twice the size of Mira! There's just such a difference. Mira is just so tiny and Lily came out fully developed, healthy and ready to go! The difference is amazing. When I get Mira home, I'll take pics of both of them together. That should be pretty funny to see.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It's really made a difference. Also, I've learned a lot about this process and I may be able to do some things differently if there is ever a next time.

Thanks to everyone.
default_wub.png
:

I am so glad to hear that Mira seems to be improving, and that she is able to stay with her dam now! I know what you mean about not wanting to get hopes up, but that sure does sound encouraging. Continued prayers for her recovery! Thanks so much for the update!

:new_multi: :new_multi: :new_multi: :risa8: :risa8: Yeah!!!!! :risa8: :risa8: :new_multi: :new_multi: Can you tell I'm happy she's doing better! You definately deserve a break! :bgrin

That is so good to hear. I hope little Mira continues to improve. We also have a Mira in our herd so I have been following her progress especially closely.

Awww, thats great to hear! Keeping good thoughts!

I'm so glad to read a good update on her. I've been worrying about her. Good luck and continued best wishes...

Liz M.

:aktion033: YAY!!!! :aktion033: So glad to hear that she is improving and coming home!!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033: great NEWS!!!!!!!! :saludando: :saludando:

[SIZE=12pt]So glad to hear your little Mira is doing better. I sure hope she gets to come home tomorrow. Prayers still coming from here.[/SIZE]

Barbie

It sure SOUNDS encouraging. We're all praying for her to continue the upward trend, I'm sure.
default_wub.png
:

Please be sure to update us.........everyone on here really does want to know! "YOU'RE FAMILY!!!" in case you didn't know already. :bgrin We all hurt together and the reward is hearing when things get better.

Especially when they sometimes don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i've been following this story since I found it on here, I know you had her and had some issues but WOW Parmela I didn't know they got so intense!! I am so sorry for your financial situation but, I am SO EXCITED to hear Mira is doing better!! I have been saying many prayers for you and her and I am going to continue saying prayers even after she comes home!

COME HOME MIRA!!!!!!!

Back