stallion rant-sorry

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$200 or more for a routine castration? Ya'll are getting ripped off. Here at Texas A&M, it's about $90 (I pay $77 with my discount). Gelding should be one of those procedures that's affordable for everyone.
default_yes.gif

$200 or more for a routine castration? Ya'll are getting ripped off. Here at Texas A&M, it's about $90 (I pay $77 with my discount). Gelding should be one of those procedures that's affordable for everyone.
default_yes.gif

Wow, can we have a gelding party at your house? We have three we need brain surgery on.... our vet charges about $200!!

Lucy

At my vet clinic in Southern Illinois,it's $75.00 to geld a horse (a big horse mind you) and $65.00 to neuter my cat :DOH!

Whooda thunk
default_no.gif

default_yes.gif

Wow, can we have a gelding party at your house? We have three we need brain surgery on.... our vet charges about $200!!

Lucy

Bring them down in January! That's when I'll be gelding one of mine!

I feel very sorry for that "rank" stallion.
default_no.gif

we have several vets in my area. one vet charges 350.00 while the one 4 miles down the road charges only 75.00----------why so much differance i prices? since we have a no kill in texas- do you think the government should help to subdise [spelling] in the gelding fee's.......I asked a few vets about having a gelding clinic only the affordable said yes..............

we have several vets in my area. one vet charges 350.00 while the one 4 miles down the road charges only 75.00----------why so much differance i prices? since we have a no kill in texas- do you think the government should help to subdise [spelling] in the gelding fee's.......I asked a few vets about having a gelding clinic only the affordable said yes..............
Nope, I don't. We created the stallions that need to be gelded in the first place. It's our responsibility to cull since we created the issue. It's the risk every breeder takes when breeding, you must be prepared to geld your colts or sell them at a sale and get what ever price you can for them. Personally, I think it's the breeder's responsiblity to cull their own produce and geld those that need to be gelded. And it's generally obvious by the time they are yearlings who definately needs to be gelded. On our property, they must be as near perfect as possible to leave here intact, and only to people who can handle the responsibility.

default_yes.gif

Lucy

Bring them down in January! That's when I'll be gelding one of mine!
If we haven't done it by then you can be sure we'll be down with the boys! THANKS!

Lucy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back