Sprinklers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuffyLynn

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to put out one of those sprinklers that is soft spray and go left to right...you know the yellow and metal ones that have been around forever...under a watchful eye of course...

just a thought if they would like the soft cool wet sprinkle of water...

having trouble finding an earlier post...any idea where to find the cloth type large balls..looks like a soccer ball about the size of an excercise ball? thanks

Try naturalhorsetalk.com, go to the toy section. That's where I got mine(I got the smiley face one, too cute!). As for the sprinklers, haven't tried it, but I bet they would love it on hot days!

I have used sprinklers--and no one goes in it!!
default_wacko.png
I pictured the horses dancing and leaping through the cool refreshing spray--but nope--they stay away and want nothing to do with it. I've left it on for an hour before--a few may get curious--then they stay away. Sheesh!
default_rolleyes.gif

I don't think the horses would use a sprinkler, but I've thought about investing in some "misters" like they have at Disneyworld for cooling off. I think that would be acceptable to the horses rather than having a spray of water. I'd be interested in see in this works.

Cattle exhibitors use a mist kit attached to a fan to keep cattle cool during shows and hot days. Here is an example. http://www.enasco.com/product/C15960NH

http://www.enasco.com/product/C15960NH

The recent "research" suggests that water can actually form a "barrier" to cooling. The CDE drivers now use a water on/water off technique to cool horses. Sponge or dump water on, and then quickly scrape it off and put more on. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I put one out in the summer when it's been so dry and I need to soften their feet for the farrier. Not sure they would willingly stand under it, but they dont' seem to mind it when I tie them there.l

sprinkler2.jpg

That picture is hysterical!
laugh.gif
i think mine would eat it
rolleyes.gif
The filly got ahold of the hose a few weeks back while i was filling a bucket she just promptly sprayed me
new_shocked.gif

I put one out in the summer when it's been so dry and I need to soften their feet for the farrier. Not sure they would willingly stand under it, but they dont' seem to mind it when I tie them there.l

sprinkler2.jpg

Oh they have great toys. we have one of the big jacks as i call it. Like shown in this picture off their site.

JesterandRobintwo.jpg

Try naturalhorsetalk.com, go to the toy section. That's where I got mine(I got the smiley face one, too cute!). As for the sprinklers, haven't tried it, but I bet they would love it on hot days!

Latest posts

Back