Spring is coming "Down Under"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly

Reaction score
The moult is beginning... took their covers off yesterday and few loose hairs drifted away. They were really leaning into the curry comb as they were being groomed, particularly on their necks, so clearly starting to get itchy! I can't wait to clip them. One of the boys has been so hot and sweaty at times over the winter that I gave him a modified clip - just between his front legs and up the insides of his hind legs and around his sheath area to try keep him cool. So with those areas clipped it gives the illusion he has got a big, hairy belly hanging down - not an attractive look!

Hanging out for more spring weather. Had a beautiful week last week where the clipped showie had their turnout in the nude and they loved the sun! The pintos and palis have started to leave lettle drifts of pale hair on the ground of the favourite rolling spots. Now it's back to winter rain and sulky looks. I've tried explaining to them that I can't turn off the rain but they don't seem to believe me.

Which part of Australia are you from Gilly? We had a lovely week her last week n this week we ae also back to the cold wet n miserable I took rugs off my ponies n gave them a good brush hoping to try n clip them this weekend but their winter coat was flying off everywhere! N Dixie my little pregnant one is leaving patches of fur where she has been rubbing on the gate. The fence the stable lol hoping to be able to clip her a few weeks after the foal is born
default_smile.png

Psst Cassie, based on her location I think she's on "that Eastern island"

oh lol I was posting from my ipod and it doesn't show that lol woops how embarrasing!

sorry everyone,

p.s Gilly I ove NZ learnt to ski there!!
default_yes.gif

That means fall is coming up here! yipee! cooler weather
default_smile.png
My guys are starting to sprout their winter woolies already!!

Sadly all mine are starting to show 'extra' hairs all over their sleek summer coats. Winter is on the way, but as yet, we need to see 'Summer'!
default_no.gif

What is it with the weather this year?

Think summer missed us again this year Anna ..never thought id have to put that lamp on Dinky at the begining of AUGUST..our best month of the year usuallly..winter is coming fast here but i do love the pretty snow so not all bad
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
would love to live in the UK it is such a beatiful country but i could not handle the snow and cold
default_no.gif

We all struggle with the cold at times especially when you cant get water from the hose for the animals as its frozen for weeks on end..but i love the cozy log fires theres nothing like the smell and then the summer to look forward to
default_smile.png

My sister couldnt stand it any longer and moved down under (sydney)..20 something years ago..now she finds the winters there cold
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
haha the weather here is cold brrrr LOL we love our wood fire though!!! THE BEST EVER! I'm sure we will be complaining about the blazing sun before too long but right now I can't wait for the beautiful days where the sun is out its a perfect temp and you just want to laze about all day, go for a horse ride or jump in the pool
default_biggrin.png
n this summer I will have a little baby to play with YES!
default_yes.gif

there is a realy fresh spring smell to the air at the moment have you girls been able to smell it? I love the country!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back