Spin off question from selling a stallion thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little lady

Reaction score
Being new to the miniatures I am still learning lots everyday. So the thread discussing selling a stallion and registering the foals got me to thinking. First question...If I understand what Getitia posted...some ads I have seen posting foals for sale and if the stallion was only two when bred to the mares does that mean that those foals can not be reigistered until the stallion is three? Or does it mean they can't be registered? Is that what AMHR/AMHA pending means.
default_unsure.png

Second question: DNA-parentage qualified? DOes AMHR & AMHA require both? Is this for both mares & stallions? How does one go about accomplishing this?

At this point only AMHA requires DNA testing for registration. It's for all horses being registered.

The sire and dam must both be 3 the year of the foal's birth. So if a stallion was 2 when bred, he automatically becomes 3 on January 1st the following year, so it would not be an issue. If he were a yearling the resulting foal could not be registered at all AMHR or ASPC.

Let me make sure I understand only AMHA requires DNA and I presume you can get a DNA kit from them.

What about parentage qualifying? AMHA & AMHR?

I understand about the turn another year older on January 1st(was the same with APHA.)

Thanks!

Back