Spent yesterday in Vancouver B.C.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
What a great experience. Even though it was short in the planning stages, Ken and I decided to spend the day in Vancouver, B.C. yesterday to get a little of the Olympic experience.....after-all how often are the Olympic Games this close to us?

I managed to get a hotel room in Ferndale, WA on Friday night (lucked out) and then we drove up to Vancouver yesterday morning. We parked on the Skyway line, very convenient...... $2.00 to park all day in a garage, wow...great deal there!! Then we took the Skytrain into the downtown area, walked around and got to see the torch in all it's fired up glory.

Also went to the Olympic Superstore....waited in line for quite some time (1/2 hour to an hour) just to get in the store....I should get a medal for my patience...haha. We did end up getting a couple of t-shirts and misc things, nothing to rave about, but a few things to keep in my memory books to remember my day the Olympics.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cauldron/torch....
2010OlympicsVancouverBC001.jpg

2010OlympicsVancouverBC005.jpg

And this picture was at Robson Square (sorry if I mis-spelled the square)....the fabric covered the front of a museum there, it looked so pretty we had to take a picture. Also, there was a huge line up for people to take pictures sitting in a Bobsled.....
default_smile.png

2010OlympicsVancouverBC008.jpg

Hey! My brother was there yesterday, too! Did you see him? He was the one wearing the red sweater with CANADA across the front!
default_whistling.gif

Glad to hear you had such a good time! Wish I could have been there, too.

Hey! My brother was there yesterday, too! Did you see him? He was the one wearing the red sweater with CANADA across the front!

Sunny...that was YOUR brother?..........hmmm.....I knew I recognized him from somewhere......
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Boy if I had a nickel for every person I saw with a red Canada sweater or shirt I saw yesterday.......... suffice it to say, if I did, I would not have to go into work tomorrow.
default_smile.png

We did have a great time though & I am so happy both of your Hockey Teams took the Gold....that is awesome!!

You are so lucky, and I think you made the right decision about going. I know you would have regretted it if you had not gone, considering it may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. You have some great photos and wonderful memories!!

I was there on Saturday as well! It was so much fun!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Back