Southern States Miniature Horse Show Andalusia, Al

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdhand

Reaction score
The show was so much fun. We were dissapointed there were not more people at the show. We had about 40 for the AMHA show and 50 for the AMHR show. I don't have the exact numbers from the show manager yet. The facility is the nicest facility I have ever shown at. The awards were great. We are going to have the show again next year and try it one more time. This year it was 4 days. For next year the show will have one day AMHA and 2 days AMHR or we may not even have the AMHA show. What is everyones opionion. Anyone who was there please put your input here about the show. I want to start planning for next year and need to know what everyone wants. Thanks so much to everyone who came to the show and to Lee Crutchfield and Gayle Ray for the clinic they did for us. Also thanks to Double Diamond and Sugar Rock Farms for their support.

Dinda puts on an AWESOME show. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

If you want some nice awards, this is the place to go to try and win them. She really tries to make the show what the showers wants.

Being a big performance shower, we love her show because there are ALL kinds of performance classes. And this year she added a Supreme driving championship where the 1st place driving horses got to go back and vie for beautiful neck ribbons and wonderful silver plates!

The facility is first class, the southern folks are laid back - we had a great time and I encourage others to join us next year!
default_yes.gif
:

I am glad you had a good time. I had a great time. I love showing and visiting with everyone.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Dinda,

Please don't be discouraged. I promise you we will be there in 2007 with 6 horses - AMHA & AMHR. We had just purchased three geldings two weeks prior to your show and did not have enough time to work with them to go to Southern States. We have heard wonderful things about you and your show - you're already on our list for next year. Shows like yours that have hunter/jumper/obstacle classes scheduled for the AMHA & AMHR show are exactly what we plan to attend next year.

Justine Melvin

I look forward to seeing you there. We will have all the performance classes because they are my favorite. We had several there this year participating in the classes. I tried driving obstacle, but my horse is young and wasn't a willing participant. We will try try again. I am glad you have heard positive things about the show.

Dinda - your show was the one of the few shows that I was really looking forward to going to this year but just could not make it with the mares foaling. I really hope that I can make it next year. You have a great show Since you asked - I prefer R but I will support what ever show you decide.

All I can say is that the people that could have gone this year and did not missed a great show and a beautiful facility.

Really hope to see you next year.

Millie

Dinda and Jimmy did a fabulous job with this show. Everything was absolutely perfect. The facility is wonderful. Completely covered, even the walkway between the barn and the arena. The prizes were great, the food was phenomenal, and the judges even did clinics during the show. Very impressive. I would hate to see this show go away, it is such a great detailed show. Hopefully next year there will be an over abundance of exhibitors. Good Luck Dinda, I will do what I can to help.

Hi Dinda! Glad to see you here.

Foxy is doing great and sends her love. As soon as I get her all cleaned up I'll send you photos of her, she has really spotted out on her back end. She is as sweet as ever.

She's our little pigpen, loves to roll in the dirt after we get her all gussied up. :bgrin

Hi Dinda! Glad to see you here.

Foxy is doing great and sends her love. As soon as I get her all cleaned up I'll send you photos of her, she has really spotted out on her back end. She is as sweet as ever.

She's our little pigpen, loves to roll in the dirt after we get her all gussied up. :bgrin
I really want to see a picture of her. She was always so sweet here. Stay in touch.

We were not able to come for the show this year but have plans to try to make it next year, if our broodmares will cooperate.

One thing that kept us away was that we show AMHA and we had a problem having someone watch our farm due to them working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We have about a 10 hour drive to the show each way so we would have had to travel Wednesday. Not your problem ofcourse, but would it be possible to have the show say Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday? That would split the weekend say AMHA on Friday and Satureday and AMHR Sunday and Monday. That way the folks that could not take several days off work could come for at least 1 weekend day regardless of there horses registery.

Just food for thought.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Just glad the club is making an effort to have a show in this area. Thanks

Latest posts

Back