Sorry new to american mini horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Reaction score
Hi right sorry we are new to mini horses and live in scotland uk.Not a lot of people own minis and not a lot knowen about them.

I do know that they can be ridden but can anyone tell me what sizes horses should be to ride and what weight of rider should ride them.Also how big should horse be to pull cart..sorry must find these questions a bit strange..

its not strange at all, just if u have questions about miniature horses u should prob post on the main fourm or youth, this is the pony talk and theres donkey, everything else is miniature horse,so ya mini owners everywhere get that question, at least we do around here anyway, but no a person should not ride a miniature horse, inless there like a lil child like a 2 year old a light young child(with someone by there side of course), and a B size mini, theres two sizes right, A( 34''under) B (34''-38) i belive thats how it is? i may be wrong i havent really thought about it! haha, you can personal message me anytime for any info, i have a mini and i have been in the game for a few years now! you prob know how to personal message but just incase you click the name and there will be a drop down and jsut click pm or w.e it is! have fun and welcome to the fourm
default_wink.png

Welcome!

And in answer to your question yes minis can be ridden if it is a child and the mini is of an age and size that is appropriate. Most have posted in the past that a full grown "B" mini can carry up to one third it's weight. I don't think I would try to use an "A" sized mini for riding, (maybe the upper limit of height).

We have had no problem allowing our 33 and 34 inch tall mini geldings to hold children up about 40 pounds. It's a wonderful beginning for children if you lead line them.

Latest posts

Back