something in feed bag, help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
I have a Cushings mare that I have been feeding Nutrena Safe Choice and she has always loved it, and eaten it heartily well wet down.

Tonight she refused to eat it, kept trying to turn it out of her bowl, so I removed it and examined to find very tiny white round beads, or seeds or something.

The bag has about 1/4 amount left in it, and I looked through it, had not seen any of these round beads or whatever, when feeding it before, and it appears they may have settled in the lower part of the bag, kind of at ramdom..

Someone on here at one time had a thread about some kind of seed that got in their feed and knew what it was. Does anyone remember that or know what I am seeing? I fed her in the dark this am, she has been stalled because of the weather for 4 days and lots of uneaten hay in there and she could have dumped it out then as well and was hidden.

I am a worry wart, should I be concerned? I gave her a bran mash and she ate it.

Update: 24 hours and she is fine, I think she was smart enough not to eat it. I will return the bag to the dealer and check with Nutrena.

I guess whoever had the thread a few years ago is not online here at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the guys who mill the feed do not clean out the whatever you call it that mixes the feed. So when they change over from one type to mill the next type, you can get left overs from the previous mixture. Glad you are going to return it just in case. You never know.

Latest posts

Back