Something I haven't done in a long time . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxy's Run

Reaction score
Well, this is something I haven't done in at least 10 years! I don't know what came over me. I was in the mood for a layer cake yesterday and this is what I ended up with. I had fun. But most of all - YUM!!!!
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin Does anyone else do cake decorating?

pumpkincake.jpg

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should post this! :bgrin I was coming here to post my own about cake, it's in the oven right now. Suddenly iI got the urge to bakea 2 layers cake, yummy! I'm not the best at decorating, unless I concentrate really, really hard lol. Your cake looks fabulous!!!!! Do you make your own frosting? I do and I love it! Yummy!
default_wub.png
:

Gee, that is too funny!
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin Yup, my cake is a two layered yellow cake with chocolate frosting in the middle. The pumpkin is cream cheese frosting colored orange and of course chocolate frosting all around. YUM!!!!! :lol: No, I didn't make my own frosting on this one. I used to though.

So what is your cake? I think I need to get a tall glass of milk for this thread! :bgrin
default_wink.png
: Enjoy!

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

YUM! Mine's a two layer yellow cake, I added halloween sprinkles to the batter, homemade confectioner suger frosting (mmmmm.....it's so dangerously good
default_wub.png
: ) food colored to be brown, orange icing. I'll get a picture before my brothers dive in
default_wink.png
:

I have a nice glass of milk with me, ahhh I can smell the cake now. :bgrin :lol:

I can't wait to see your picture. Enjoy!!!! I just finished my tall glass of milk. :bgrin

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

The cake is delicious! But I may be too embarrassed to post pictures lol! The brown color turned out....welll, what my brother called 'army green'. So I tryed to make is brown with some chocolate stuff we had......LOL!

default_wink.png
: I'll get pictures up, but don't laugh too hard!

We won't laugh.
default_wink.png
: The only thing that really matters is how it tastes!
default_yes.gif
:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

I use too, but I havent done it for years. I still have all my wilton pans and icing tips and tubes, so maybe ...BIG MAYBE, after seeing all the nicely decorated cakes on this thread. I just might have to dig out a pan and try it again. Did you ever see the Rudolph pan (Wilton) that one was my favorite, and I always made it at christmas, but it took so long to do all the decorating, and just a few minutes to cut it all up...and it looked like all my work went right down the tubes. Ohhh, a piece of cake and a glass of milk sounds so good about now...ummmmmmmmm. Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]i use to, many moons ago
default_smile.png
, I think the last "decorated" cake I made was for my sisters wedding...13 years ago :eek: . Your pumpkin cake is really cute and I bet it's going to be yummy too! Nikki
[/SIZE]

I use to also do the cake decorating and then it got to the point where everyone I knew asked me to make their cakes for them for various occasions. It is time consuming and hard on the hands!!!!

Zoeefair2007024.jpg

Your cake sounds good with the cream cheese frosting yummmm
default_eat.gif
:

My daughters 4H cake from fair this year. It was a basket weave.

The flowers are not how she wanted them and she wanted to have a ribbon or banner like thing under the flowers, and she wanted a handel like a basket.

After a million tears of frustation she gave up and entered it as is and still got best of show.

I'm always looking for pans at garage sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your cake looks YUMMY!!! Made me hungry talking about a nice tall glass of milk with it......
default_eat.gif
:

Sometimes I make cake, but lately I just don't have the time. I do one very special one every year and that's a rum cake during Christmas time. My Mom does her specialty....carrot cake with orange frosting. But I do shortcuts...I buy everything by the box....I don't even make my own frosting.

That reminds me, yesterday I bought a strawberry cream cheese strudel for dessert at the grocery store bakery.....let's just say..... :smileypuke: . I need to go back to making my own desserts.

I am one that does cake decorating. I bought a kitchen aid stand mixer just so I could make frosting! Now I haven't done any cakes in 10 years as it is just my husband and I, and my hubby doesn't eat cake, so that leaves just me. Too much cake for just me!

But those cakes make me want to take up the hobby again!

Jo, your daughter's cake is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the basket weave.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: She definitely deserved the Blue Ribbon on that one. :aktion033:

Anyone else with pictures of their masterpieces?

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

I haven't done it in many years. I was a cake decorator at Ralphs Grocery Store Central Bakery back in the late seventies. Great money, but as Danielle said hard on the hands. My neices have asked me to do their wedding cakes in the past few years the last one to get married wanted me to do cupcakes which was easy
default_wink.png
: .

Jo, your daughter's cake is beautiful and she deserves the ribbons. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back