Someone trying to block Dem. voters in VA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowriseMinis

Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/28/po...ry4554416.shtml

Virginia's State Board Of Elections has released a "rumor buster" document telling voters to disregard a flyer claiming that Democrats should vote on November 5th.
"A fake flyer claiming it is from the State Board of Elections has been circulating, stating that Republican Party supporters shall vote on November 4 and Democratic Party supporters shall vote on November 5," the document states. "This information is false."

Election Day, of course, is November 4th for all voters.

Director of Communications Susan S. Pollard told Horserace that the source of the fliers is presently unknown, though the police are looking into it. She said it was distributed in predominantly African American areas, notably "Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads and Norfolk." Below, a copy of the flyer.
image4554384.jpg

No worse than Obama speech yesterday. Maybe that is where they got it from. He said go to the polls on November 4th if your going to vote for me but if your going to vote the other guy go on the 5th. It did NOT draw big laughs so he said No I'm kidding It is the 4th. Not his exact words but very close. He said it first.

Issuing a joke to a group of supporters then immediately clarifying is MUCH different than someone faking a government flyer and spreading it around as if it is fact. If you can't see the difference...
default_no.gif

I agree it's an underhanded thing to do. I'm sure the NAACP will be on it as they are already filing lawsuits in VA regarding voting issues.

I hope they're able to get the real word out to the folks who got these flyers before Nov. 4th, too.
You do know that there is a problem with the voting machines in Fresno County and they have delayed voting until the 5th when they get the machines fixed.
default_wink.png

Issuing a joke to a group of supporters then immediately clarifying is MUCH different than someone faking a government flyer and spreading it around as if it is fact. If you can't see the difference...
default_no.gif

Hey wait now I thought we were supposed to believe what he said. I didn't take it as a joke. I listened to his whole speech. I can see the difference very clearly. I do not think it was okay for them to place a sign like they did, but I can see how it would happen.. Just my opinion, which I am entitled to.

This whole thing is getting out of hand!
default_no.gif
In my opinion it's a bunch of BS that people have to slam the candidate that they're not voting for and that people are getting SO underhanded! HOPEFULLY all of this crap will end on November 5th when it's KNOWN who our next president is! Until then, it's my opinion people need to
default_shutup.gif
and wait!!

default_wacko.png
There are nut balls on both sides of the fence.

Oh if it's on a blog like it is, then it must be true!!!

I guess there's also some kind of conspiracy in Virginia that has the McCain signs out numbering the Obama ones 5 to 1?
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill said:
I guess there's also some kind of conspiracy in Virginia that has the McCain signs out numbering the Obama ones 5 to 1?
default_biggrin.png
You'll note the democrats are fairly quiet on this forum, too. It doesn't mean we're not out there!
default_wink.png

Leia

hobbyhorse23 said:
You'll note the democrats are fairly quiet on this forum
I haven't noted that the democrats are quiet here at all
default_biggrin.png

Well, on this forum it has been a few of the Republicans who are the loud ones and in people's faces and very
default_new_rofl.gif
about it... *shrug*

Jill - this was not just a blog - it has been noted on other media as well...

default_wacko.png
There are nut balls on both sides of the fence.
Absolutely.

Back