Some summer photography

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
Well, I'm shut up in the house sick, it's really cold out, and I think we're all suffering a bit from cabin fever. So, I figured I'd share some of my photographs from this past summer. I won't bore you all with the ones you've seen a thousand times, so here are so new ones, plus a couple favorites. ENJOY!
default_yes.gif
I'm sorry, a few are big
default_wacko.png

caterpillercopy.jpg

citysm.jpg
reflsm.jpg

lilypadflower.jpg

eaglksm.jpg
sunsm.jpg

bucket.jpg

diafraid.jpg
rosesm.jpg

bouey.jpg

restricted.jpg

stuff.jpg

And..... this is what we're stuck with now
default_no.gif
At least it's pretty!!
default_yes.gif

ice.jpg

Wow! Those are beautiful photographs! You are incredible with a camera. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Kaitlyn!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have an amazing gift for photography! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Gorgeous. But now if It was me, I would start putting my name/logo on them. Those are too beautiful to see stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Beautiful pictures you are very talented with the camera thanks for sharing. I do hope that summer comes soon too!!! ~Jessica

Nice pics! They say Spring is just around the corner......I think it's lost and needs directions!

Thanks! The caterpiller was a great model, I saved him from being squished by the tractor, and he was great! Posed better than any horse for sure, and was CLEANER! I have a white horse that is NEVER that white!!!!
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

caterpillar1.jpg

For fun, I've included two more photos:

gullsm.jpg

salamandercopy.jpg

Wow, those are incredible!

You really have a gift
default_yes.gif

Good lord, I honestly thought those were from a calendar somewhere until I saw the ones with the horses.
default_new_shocked.gif
Kaitlyn, you're amazing! I hadn't realized you had such a talent for photography hidden away.
default_wub.png
What kind of camera did you use and how long have you been doing this? Please continue to share!

Leia

WOW !!!! What awesome picture's. I would also like to know what kind of camera you are using. I've been looking into up-grading my camera, any info would be great. Thanks, Deb

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I started with photography when I was about... say... 14 or so. We just had a cruddy old digital, so the photos were far from great quality-wise. My parents bought me my current camera, an Olympus SP-500 UZ, for chirstmas two years ago. It's a great little camera- very easy to use, and produces great results! I tried three other cameras before I decided on this one
default_yes.gif
It's a 6.0 megapixel, with a 10x optical zoon and 5x digital zoom. It has an awesome 2.5" color LCD screen and 27 modes (includes video). It's stood up to two+ years of hard work, I mean this camera's been through everything- and only a ding on the screen from it all!! It's survived horse shows, being banged around on the farm, being nudged by horses, everything. It does GREAT outdoors (where I primarily shoot), and is great for close-up shots. It does very well for action, and I have never had an issue with it capturing my horses. Its major weak spots are indoors and in low light. Unless you want to use the flash, you need a statue's hand to keep it still and not blurry. It can pull indoor shots off if there's good light, but needs help otherwise. However, I rarely shoot inside, so no big deal for me.
default_yes.gif
I love it! It's as close to professional-quality I can get without going totally broke!
default_wacko.png
default_wink.png

Here's a review with pictures of it:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SP500/SP5A.HTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Back