Some New Pets for Harvey and I

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those, too. Definitely do a little research on their actual needs and enjoy.

I just saw those last weekend! I really liked them but would probably end up wanting to get a bigger habitat for them. It seems so small.
default_wub.png

Thanks, folks! I think they are pretty neat!!!

Yep, H and I are going to get them a bigger container this weekend or the next (when we get around to PetsMart / PetCo). I'd like to find another acrylic container because I like the way that looks better than the glass aquariums I remember from years ago. I also want to put a layer of that biogravel / filtering gravel in the bottom like it has now and put some pretty colored gravel on the top -- I hope PetCo / PetsMart carry that kind of thing. From what I've read, they don't need a filter and the vibrations are stressful to them. We also may need a new snail because the one in there, I haven't seen out of its shell. It has moved, but I don't know if the frogs have pushed it around, or if it has moved itself (basically, I don't know if the snail is alive or not).

I wonder if a couple fancy gold fish can go in with these frogs?

Gonna get a couple betta too, for decoration (that probably sounds awful). I have a place I want to set two containers and think I'd enjoy watching them probably more than the frogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a betta in my tanks with the ADFs too...had 2-3 ADFs and 1 betta per tank. I had the flourite gravel and some small low light plants (java ferns only) and a tiny sponge filter. They are the neatest little critters. Me...I just love frogs, always have. They are SO cute...and always "smiling".

Back