Some Ideas for AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the point system actually does make sense kinda.

I could be wrong but I understood it that the judges arent even aware what classes they are the call judge on????
You are very correct !!
default_yes.gif
: The Call Judge changes every class. That way just as you stated It is very fair . If you have one judge that is not using you , it does not last all day or even half a day.. This system DOES WORK !! Believe me if it did not work the ARABIAN , SADDLEBREDS, HACKNEYS, NATIONAL SHOW HORSES, MORGANS, WALKING HORSES , AND SEVERAL MORE would be the first to get rid of it !!AS they have LOTS MORE $$$$ at stake with their National shows and such then we ever thought about having. And when there is $$ involved believe me they make sure it works
default_yes.gif
: Do we really believe it is only not working for Us...
default_wacko.png
:

Our biggest problem is that so many do not understand How it works.. Ask to be sent the formula and study it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andi,

Have to agree with you. Know the point system won't change, but don't like the one we have. Also don't like having just 1 judge for Area Shows. Would pay more if we could have at least 2 judges. If the one judge doesn't like your horses, you're out for the weekend. (Sorry, knew that wasn't mentioned before in your thread, just irks me).

As for going in first....it makes a LOT of difference in the performance classes. Perhaps not so much in the driving (probably does, but not sure how). In the other performance classes, if you have 40 in the class, most judges will use from the last 20 or so. Of course, in this year's Nationals, guess it didn't really matter as the classes I watched, a couple of them didn't bother to watch much of a go. JMO

Pam

Class calls are given as a courtesy at any and all shows. Period. They do NOT have to be made in any show. It is up to the exhibitor to ensure they are aware of how the show is proceeding to make sure they do not miss their classe(s). The gate personnel have a long, tiresome, and thankless job. (and yes, Sharon who was one of the gate personnel again this year is my wife - so flame away if you want to). They try their best to make sure everyone gets into their classes on time and correctly. But when you have exhibitors who refuse to check in for their classes, and they are trying to make sure everyone is there errors can happen. They do the best they possibly can. Insofar as the exhibitor who thought they made the cut in the driving class - they did NOT make the cut. The numbers in question were 1659 and 1569. We double checked the numbers in the ring and the steward took our printout to the gate and showed it to the exhibitor. There number did not make the cut. I don't believe I announced it incorrectly, as the ring secretary was watching to ensure accuracy. Show management personnel do the best job they can - but we are all only human.

I do go in last, not for drama, but to have a fresher horse that hasn't been standing a long time in a big halter class or taken a few trips around the ring before judging begins. Just my personal preference.
I can see your point, I like to be last one in too unless it's a small class then I'm happy to be first one in but I don't see how it is anyone's right to resort to games in order to ensure that you're the last one in (I don't know that "you" specifically resort to these games, but obviously there are those that do). I would hope that the gate person wouldn't assist with these games; in fact if told/asked to announce the gate is closing just as a way to hustle the other exhibitors to the ring, he/she should tell the person to get into the ring themselves or have the gate closed in front of them.
Smoking that last cigarette--or pretending to--at the gate...too bad the barns/arena aren't smoke-free areas. I've always believed that horse show barns should be off-limits for smoking. Here smoking is banned in all public places so if you're at a horse show and want a cigarette you have to go outside before lighting up. That law would take care of that excuse nicely. :bgrin

Awards , I have been trying for years to get rid of the UGLY BROWN ribbon
default_yes.gif
:
Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!

Last year, the online results were initially wrong and said Destiny got 8th at Nationals. I looked up to see what color was that Ribbon. Urgh. Brown. While I was very proud he had gotten ANY ribbon, I was disappointed it was brown. I actually sort of wished it would be a 9th or a 10th so it would be prettier!!!!!!!! So imagine my delight when Erica told me it was reported wrong and he actually got 5th and PINK!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion, no horse show ribbon should be brown (talk about the big issues haha).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back