Some Horse Art

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradise Ponies

Reaction score
So, just thought I'd show off some of my art. I've only been taking my drawings seriously for about 6 years, so it's not nearly as good as some old pros, but it's something I enjoy doing, because I love horses.

I can also draw other things; dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, humans....but I prefer horses
default_smile.png

Here's some old stuff of mine (from 2005 and 2006) when I first started to take my art seriously, and before I found my own original style. They are 'realism' portraits...just not that good! I have improved a bit since then, and have developed my own style.

baythoroughbred.jpg

My first time coloring my work, before then, they were just sketches. I colored this with colored pencils and gel pens in 2006.

cousins.jpg

My first time really putting some effort into realism. Done with derwent shading pencils back in 2005.

Here's a couple pieces from 2008, after a couple years of practice:

sasukehorse.jpg

Yeah, I know...wierd! It's a blue 'ninja' horse I did on textured paper with sharpie markers and colored pencils.

redgolden_phesanthorse.jpg

I just love fantasy, so I made this strange pegasus hybrid. It's a red-golden pheasant horse. Done with colored pencils and sharpies. Horrible wing placement! You'll see in my 2010 are that my wing-placement on pegasus has gotten better!

And, here's a piece I did in 2009 of another 'ninja' horse character I made for a story I wrote. This guy's name is Katavi.

katavi.jpg

I drew the horse with sharpies and colored pencils, but the background was hastily done with an image-editing program called GIMP (a cheap version of photoshop). I don't like digital art and I never tried it again after this.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, here we have the 2010 pegasus. Ah, much better wing placement!

sharpiepegasus3.jpg

I did this piece with a sharpie marker.

And, some 2011 art! I finally found a style I like: something between realism and cartoonism...but I still do realism now and again.

realisticspirit2011.jpg

And what better way to practice realism then on a cartoon horse? It's Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron! It's blurry because I took this picture with my camera, who ate it and threw it back up on the computer. Trust me, it looks much better in real life! Did this with colored pencils and just a small amount of sharpie.

mini_cyclone.jpg

This is a character I created for a novel I'm writing called "ThunderHearts". His name is Cyclone, and he's a shire...but I decided to draw him as a mini! Just to see what he'd look like. Done with colored pencils and sharpie.

cyclonemay2011.jpg

And, here's what Cyclone ACTUALLY looks like. Big boy. With a dainty, pretty face. I guess that's why he's mad all the time. Done with colored pencils and sharpies.

angrystallionpaintmay2011.jpg

What can I say? I like drawing angry horses. I donated this piece to my local Senior and Disabilities Services office. Done with sharpies and colored pencils.

horseandpuppy.jpg

That's not to say I don't like cute things as well! Here we have a big palomino sharing a cute moment with a little puppy. Again, done with sharpies and colored pencils. This is my most recent drawing.

I'm currently working on others! I hope to post them here very soon
default_smile.png

Very nice. I rather like the blue horse, and the last palomino.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you so very much!!!! I really appreciate the compliments! I can't wait to start using some of the action photos over in the Photos/Videos forum as references. Being here and seeing everyone's beautiful minis really inspires me!

I also wanted to toss this up---just for fun---
default_wink.png

scan-2.jpg

No, he's not a horse...but...yeah. Captain Jack is epic win.

This is only my second attempt at realistic human portraits, but I promise I'll get better!

Done with a #2 pencil

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked Those are all so wonderful and I'm extremely jealous. Wow, I'm so impressed.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wanted to add: Welcome to the forum.....I don't believe we've met yet.
default_smile.png

cyclonemay2011.jpg

Boy that look and attitude with that standing position, reminds me of my mini boy Bob! Total spitting image but Bob is a bay!

Great work. I have to say my favorite things to see on this website are everyones drawings, and hobbys!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked Those are all so wonderful and I'm extremely jealous. Wow, I'm so impressed.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wanted to add: Welcome to the forum.....I don't believe we've met yet.
default_smile.png
Thank you very much for the kind words and the welcome!
default_smile.png
It took years of practice to get my art lookin' halfway decent!! There's always so much to learn.

cyclonemay2011.jpg

Boy that look and attitude with that standing position, reminds me of my mini boy Bob! Total spitting image but Bob is a bay!

Great work. I have to say my favorite things to see on this website are everyones drawings, and hobbys!
Wow, really? That's so neat! I'd love to see a pic of Bob! He sounds adorable. And thank you!

Your art is so nice!!
Thank you very much!!!!

Wow! Thanks for sharing your fantastic art.
aktion033.gif
What a great way to start my day.

No problem at all! I'm glad you like it ^_^ I'll be posting new stuff soon
default_wink.png

Here's a couple I did last week.

brindleboxer.jpg

Not a horse, I've been practicing drawing dogs recently. Here's a brindle boxer. Done with sharpies and colored pencils.

mistertwisterjune2011.jpg

This is another "ThunderHearts" character of mine. His name is Twister. He's sort of the bad guy of the story. Drawn in a cartoony style with colored pencils and sharpies. I always fancied Christopher Walken doing his voice. It just fits
default_yes.gif

You have a wonderful talent, keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing futue drawings
default_smile.png

Looks like you could have a growing business - people could send in their horse pictures and you could draw them in your own style. We all have tons of photos - it would be great to see what you could do along those lines. I really love the look of your drawings! Keep up the good work - it's truly awesome!

default_aktion033.gif

I love your work! It's fantasy and realism smooshed together in my eyes! Just awesome!

Fabulous. I am so jealous. If I draw a horse it ends up looking like.............well I don't know what it ends up looking like..............some deformed something.

Congratulations.

wow
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked you have alot of talent.I would love one of my horses
default_smile.png

You are great art work

You have a wonderful talent, keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing futue drawings
default_smile.png
Thank you very much!!!! I can't wait to post some of my new stuff!

Looks like you could have a growing business - people could send in their horse pictures and you could draw them in your own style. We all have tons of photos - it would be great to see what you could do along those lines. I really love the look of your drawings! Keep up the good work - it's truly awesome!

default_aktion033.gif
Gosh, that'd be swell ^_^ I certainly wouldn't mind
default_wink.png
Thank you!

I love your work! It's fantasy and realism smooshed together in my eyes! Just awesome!
Thank you! I was going for that style!!!

Fabulous. I am so jealous. If I draw a horse it ends up looking like.............well I don't know what it ends up looking like..............some deformed something.

Congratulations.
LOL, you shoulda seen my horses when I first started drawing them!

Thank you!
default_smile.png

wow
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked you have alot of talent.I would love one of my horses
default_smile.png

You are great art work

Thank you very much! It maybe possible!!!

WOW!!! I'm absolutely blown away!! I do watercolors and drawings, and thought I was sort of good at it, but after seeing your stuff I think I'll donate all my artist supplies to Good Will and try to learn how to bake bread instead.

WOW!!! I'm absolutely blown away!! I do watercolors and drawings, and thought I was sort of good at it, but after seeing your stuff I think I'll donate all my artist supplies to Good Will and try to learn how to bake bread instead.
Thank so much!
default_blush.png

But don't get rid of your art supplies!! Don't ever stop drawing, if anything draw more often! It helps! And baking bread is great too!

Cookies are better though. Chocolate chip cookies.
default_yes.gif
Bake some of those
default_eat.gif
. Then send me some.
default_risa8.gif

Latest posts

Back