Soft poop????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky

Reaction score
Saturday I brought home a new 3 year old mare who is maybe pregnant. I didn't have the food that she had been eating. The woman was feeding her A&M 14% protein creeper pellets. 1/2c in morning and night and pasture and hay. My other mini is on Purina Mini Food and I have some burmuda hay in a slow feeder, which hasn't really gone down since I got her. So, I gave her a quarter cup the first day, then 1/2 cup last night. I hadn't noticed her pooping since I got her. But, this morning I did notice it was soft pile, which is different from my other mini. Do I need to be concerned? Do u think it's just normal due to change in diet and stress of new home? I would be grateful of any suggestions or advice. Thank you sooo much.

I would also keep an eye on her, but diet change and/or stress of new home can cause that and should get better in a few days or week or so. If it continues beyond a week or gets worse, I think that I would contact a vet and get their opinion.

Thank you very much for all your help. She seems to be doing fine, except for that soft poop this morning. I think I will just give her 1/4c of the purina for a few days in morning and night. She is probably eating different grass on our 5 acres than she was on 20 acre pasture too. Thank you very much for your opinions and help.

Latest posts

Back