SoCal Horse Shows AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Asking for help with anyone that shows AMHR.

We're trying to find out what AMHR shows are available in the Western USA for 2007.

Specifically AMHR in Southern California with the Pacific Coast MHC or in Oregon/Washington with the clubs up that way.

Anyone have any feedback on their shows?

1. Well run?

2. Good competition? (how many horses in classes)

3. How is the judging?

4. Mostly A or B size minis (Shetlands too or just minis)

5. Recommendations on hotels or the facility that the shows are held at - (do you show out of your trailer, or ??)

I appreciate any/all input!

There are going to be THREE AMHR clubs down here in 2007... I am starting up the third one.

Visit:

www.smallequine.com

www.pcmhclub.com

and

www.gcsmhc.homestead.com/home.html

If those links don't work, go to my website (link below) and go to the links page. They are at the top.

SoCal club, will be new for 2007 and is planning a single, well run show. Hope to have lots of horses! Will be both shetlands and minis A and B. Planning on having National caliber judges.

PCMHC is well run. It is a VERY large show, with many A and B horses no shetlands. Show out of your trailer. Judge selection has been getting better with recent president.

Gold Coast is down in San Diego, not too many horses but has A and B minis and shetlands too.

If you want more information, please e-mail me, my email is on my website. I have shown down here for several years now, mostly AMHR but last year was my first year showing ASPC.

Andrea

I have shown at the Gold Coast and the Pacific Coast. Yes the Pacific Coast did get a few new judges, but still not the national calibur judges that other areas offer. Gold Coast is very small and trying to grow, however it is alot further south and would be alot further for you to travel. I look forward to the new club and will be showing all my shetlands there this year. I also belong to the area 7 club and attend thier shows, the Oregon gold is a great show to go to and they will be having 4 judges this year the dates are already up on thier site, it is the last week in April I beleive. We will hopefully be going to that!!!

Hey Michelle;

I have been to the Pacific Coast shows a couple of times, nice facilities, nice exhibitors and good judges. You DO have to show out of your trailer, though... so since it is such a long haul for me I stop at my client in Ojai, California, Ojai Painted Miniatures, overnight there and drive to the show in the morning. Unfortunately have not been able to attend Gold Coast because of the distance. I, too, would love to hear more about the new club, so will get on the mailing list for those shows as well. Jim Curry should also have a list of the shows soon... so will get with him as well.

Will you be showing both A and R? I am going to have 5 double registered horses in the training barn this year, as well as Janie's perlino colt, Ericas Worth The Big City Bucks, so plan on attending the A's as well...

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Thanks for the input Andrea, Jennifer & Suzy - that is exactly what I was looking for!

Suzy, I'd like to show as little as possible A or R! I'm finding out for Nicolette and for the show schedule on my site and the Area VII website. Last I heard from Jim all the shows were still pending. He was talking about a another drive to pick up/deliver horses the other day.

It sounds like you'll be busy if you're doing both A & R. We'll probably go to a few shows, if they fit around with foaling and other commitments.

Jennifer - I appreciate you're sharing about the Norco shows. Congratulations on your stallion's success - he's quite a gorgeous specimen! It will be nice to see him in person!

Andrea - good for you on the new club! I went to the website. Do we need to sign up on that site to be updated about your shows? I'm working on the AREA VII website (just waiting for the Boards final approval) and would love to link to your new Club.

Thanks again ladies!

Michelle,

Here in Phoenix they usually have a HUGE A show in the spring- late March and they are now combining two shows within a week- 4 judges each, at Westworld with stall facilities. There are usually about 200 horses or more attending.

We are rumored to have three R shows this year, but have not heard any info on those yet so far. I am guessing about April before it gets too hot?

This is just for those that would want to travel. There are no stall facilities at the R shows in the past.

Latest posts

Back