So Many Sell Outs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I see a lot of trouble coming down the line with all the Sell Outs and Dispersals.

This slow down in the miniature horse economy could be a good thing for discriminating breeders, as it is no longer economical to be baby milling miniature horses. Like with other breeds so many of our new owners simply like to show as their hobby. They want to put their money into a few good horses and have fun. And that is wonderful. My enquiries are now more for show horses or performance horses. Horses that have a purpose other than just making other horses.

Now, this is where I think we should be, but it is not good for the economy of our registries. The only way they have to make money is to register horses. So in order for there to be money coming in to staff our registries and provide all the stuff we have come to demand, it is perhaps very tempting to try to encourage more ways to get horse into our registries.

With all the dumping of horse, that perhaps have not been kept current with their paper work, I can see it being very tempting, to try to capitalize on them in the short term.

When we bumped the fee for AMHA horses to be come into AMHR it was a windfall and a win win situation for AMHR. But these horses had to come in with papers in hand. I feel that if we start using these poor forgotten horses that have not been kept up paper wise, we are doing a disservice to the breeders and owners that are continuing to do a good job and will come out very well in the long run if they play by the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, unproper paperwork or lack of paperwork at all does stink for both the new owner and horse, but unfortuantly someone down the road did not care about papers or horse and/or chose not to keep it UTD but that is the price they pay. And I'm sure its like that with all breeds.

If someone unfortuantly ends up in a situation like this they need to contact AMHR or AMHA and let them know. We cannot have breeders go on doing this to other people. If there are continuous reports against a breeder hopefully the registeries could step in.

Again its a sad situation but for horse owners and breeders that do follow the rules, and keep paperwork UTD it would be a diservice to them.

The registration papers them selves belong to the office and they confirm who the horse belongs to. The office can not change ownership, with out correct paper work. Neither can they police behavior that is none of their business. If someone chooses to not do the paperwork that is their business.

Buyer beware.

Mary Lou don't even joke like that. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets scary to see so many people selling out.. I do not know if it is a good thing or bad thing...

Anyone want to buy a popular Miniature Horse web site?? (just kidding... sort of... I think???..
default_wink.png
)

Latest posts

Back