So is this filly splash??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Im really confused on this splash thing. This filly to me does NOT look splash at all. But she does have one blue eye. She does have a roany white star that is getting bigger but i would call that sabino. no white lip etc. help me out here. \

kylebitsy.jpg

Wish i knew more about patterns and color .....
new_shocked.gif

Just wanted to say Very pretty and i love her nice long legs!

Leeana

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay the picture is too dark, I cannot really see her!!

Sabino does not cause blue eyes.

There is no reason why she cannot be Splash Sabino Tobiano + Frame (is she tested??)

Blue eyes usually disappear in minimum frame, and stay in Splash.

Just from the description I would say she is Splash.

i know dang it all these show pics came out way too dark!! Im trying to find a head shot of her. leanna thanks for the compliment! Hey leanna you want to lead Bitsy in the ring in youth this year?? Kyle doesnt want to show her this year.

rabbit heres a couple more pics. here she is before we clipped her

bitsybefore.jpg

excuse horrible head shot. forelock is pulled back for amha pics

bitsyhead3.jpg

Last edited:
Kay ..you know i couldnt turn down Bitsy.
wub.gif

She has got to be one of the prettiest mini's that i've seen ...i'd be more then happy to! Her face reminds me of rocky's for some reason ..prob because rocky has 1 blue eye to and the shape is almost the same.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Leeana

...now i'm really looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a half blue eye. I would say she is a minimal Splash + Tobiano.

okay now im gonna get really confused LOL. why is that half a blue eye?? Its one whole eye that is blue. Ill never get the splash thing

Yes she is Splash. You can see this by the shape of the color on her chest. Splash is the only pattern that tries to erase the "chest sheild". If you have photos of her parents I might be able to tell you where she got it and if she's possibly homozygous for it. I would get her tested for Frame just to be sure.

her sire to me is obviously splash with two blue eyes and her dam is solid sorrell. since the dam is solid she cant be homozygous right?? id post his pic but i dont own him. bitsy is almost an exact copy of her sire though with the same markings except he has white on the nose. Maybe dona will come along and post him. He is breathtaking!!

thanks sara and rabbit

I thought it was a "half blue" because it looked like a normal eye with a blue ring- if you say it is a normal blue eye, I of course, take your word for it- photos can be misleading.

Thanks . Lewella, I knew there was a logical reason for my believing her to be Splash, apart from a good eye for patterns, but my brain goes into "!freeze" mode sometimes. (Especially if someone asks about percentages
smile.gif
)

kaykay, Bitsy is just too pretty to have her lost in the shadows, so I did just a bit of quick and dirty adjustment...(even though the winter wooly photos show more of her color)

kylebitsy-adj-web.jpg

What a pretty filly! I think she definitely "looks" Splash.
yes.gif
It's just that her white is splashed very high up....but she has that colored spot on top of her back, that I find to be very common on Splashes with lots of white. (or with Tobiano).

susanne thank you so much!! wow that makes a huge difference. Leanna shes just a yearling in this pic and only 28". She looks taller due to her legs LOL. Shes now 2 and 28.5" im really hoping she grows some more as the little ones scare me to breed later on. thanks so much for the compliments shes a special little horse
smile.gif

What a pretty filly! I defer to the color experts here on your question, but I sure like her looks.

Jan

Latest posts

Back