so is it 5 or 6 or more

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I'm staying away from commenting on the topics themselves, but that's a LOT of posts guys
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

I think I have kitchen cabinets to clean out & reorganize, so I'm going to go do something productive...ugh, and I need to clean & organize my chest freezer...fun, fun, fun
default_wink.png
It's going to be a hoppin' weekend on the back porch political posts
default_new_shocked.gif
so I'll check in from time to time. Play nice you all, Santa's watching!
default_saludando.gif

Well, I have to find something to wear to the Seahawks game tomorrow - and then it will be time for Flyball practice with the dogs.

I guess I would prefer to have one ongoing linear thread for all the Everything Obama Does or Says Is Wrong/Evil/Frightening And Anyone Who Votes For Him Is A Kool-Aid Swilling Sheep And
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl observations as opposed to constant new threads.... I have friends who are spending their weekend phonebanking or canvassing for their chosen candidate... as opposed to spending any time running down the other candidate (God knows the two of them do that job well enough that they do not need any help
default_wacko.png
)... but different strokes for different folks.

Is it Wednesday yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura, its called fear mongering. McCain isnt do all that well so people must come up with ways to scare us poor ignorant Obama people into voting for McCain. Only its backfiring. The more I hear McCain/Palin bash and not speak on what THEY will do, the more I lean away. Ditto with all the negative Obama comments, makes me wonder how desperate people will become. Its not like they think about what they say anyhow, Obama is a closet Muslim but he went to Rev Wrights Baptist church for 2 decades to hide it?
default_laugh.png
I LOVE how the words are twisted. If a McCain supporter mispeaks, its ok, heck if McCain mispeaks ( he is a conservative/liberal republican after all! And he couldt agree more with Obama about the people in rural PA) its ok, but holy cow if Obama or one of his supporter mispeaks, its the end of democracy as we know it!

Well, I have to find something to wear to the Seahawks game tomorrow - and then it will be time for Flyball practice with the dogs.
I guess I would prefer to have one ongoing linear thread for all the Everything Obama Does or Says Is Wrong/Evil/Frightening And Anyone Who Votes For Him Is A Kool-Aid Swilling Sheep And
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl observations as opposed to constant new threads.... I have friends who are spending their weekend phonebanking or canvassing for their chosen candidate... as opposed to spending any time running down the other candidate (God knows the two of them do that job well enough that they do not need any help
default_wacko.png

Is it Wednesday yet?

OMG Tag you hit in on the head... some of these people actually think they are Campaigning. That is why all the nasty stuff is flying from both sides..

Well there is a lot more to campaigning than than sitting on ones butt typing slurs on the other guys candidate... Well call me dumb as a stick... thought

you guys were serious...

It really has gotten old, and under my skin. The thing that is belittling is when you have made your mind up to vote for Obama,,,,,and people tell you " EDUCATE yourself!!!" Because if you don't vote like they do,,, you are dumb. All the things being said about Obama makes me respect him more, he has a long dirty haul of it if he is elected.

Yes, I am watching all of these threads and I find it very very sad
default_no.gif
. Not taking either side, but Santa, sees good people on both sides going completely overboard. As I said there will be alot less presents under the tree this year and more coal.

Supporters, just like the candidates themselves, are trying to ramp up their campaigns in these last few days. If they can't attack on policy or anything that matters, that most Americans care about, they'll start going after the candidates themselves or their families.
default_no.gif

I can't wait until Tuesday.

Honestly negative posts will only stop if people would stop giving a d@#% (sorry Santa) about it and go on with their regular schedules. These people only do it to start fights, and yes they are scared, only a couple of days til the election and their guy isn't looking too good in the polls right now. So if you see a negative post just ingore it, they all will go away cause they won't like to be talking to dead air, let them talk, you know what to do, just go vote. No one is going to change someone's view, and thats why I don't get these posts the only thing I see is arguing. I got off of this forum because of it, its redicoulous, its no longer fun. I don't stay away, I still linger, and boy what brutal posts go on, from both sides.

Going back into hiding now, just felt like I should say that
default_saludando.gif

I've just returned from a visit with my mother. She is in her 80s, very well-read and well-informed, but she does not have internet access. Three days without viral emails or "You're stupid because..." posts...I had almost forgotten what it was like.

Back when all the crap began, I made the comment that I loved good, intelligent political debate and therefore I was not be getting involved in any of the LB Back Porch discussions.

I should have stuck with it, but I will now.

Three days without viral emails or "You're stupid because..." posts...I had almost forgotten what it was like.
I am so sorry Santa but if you want to shake your finger at me again, go ahead.
default_no.gif
But this is the 2nd time in this post.

First Pepi called Obama supporters "poor ignorant people" with sarcasm like it was the Republicans saying it which she was suggesting. All I said was I thought we weren't supposed to call names.

Now Suzanne said people are calling others stupid. In all due respect Santa I cannot recall where anyone said anyone else was stupid or ignorant. We may not have all agreed on these posts but someone please tell me which posts actually came out with actual name calling. I really don't think anyone called anyone ignorant or stupid. They may have accused the other party as thinking that way but I DO NOT recall any one actually saying these 2 words to anyone else. Please hightlight and sshow me. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
default_smile.png

default_new_rofl.gif
default_wacko.png

Is it Wednesday yet?
Right on
default_smile.png

Y'all know, don'cha that JMS was right. These threads wouldn't be turning into the kinds of things you all keep calling them if we each would quit trying to tell the other how and what to think. If you see a political thread started by a McCain supporter (and we all know who we are by now) just pass it on by. Let us McCain supporters have a conversation among ourselves. I'd hope we'd be willing to do the same for you. Although I'll admit if I didn't see the posts from some Obama supporters that I'd definitely miss the theatrics.

As far as posting here on LB is concerned I really appreciate Mary Lou letting us express our opinions even though it's obvious she doesn't agree with a lot of them. I expect that if and when it gets to the point that we're posting "too many" she'll let us know. So far she hasn't seemed to be afraid to express her opinion.
default_wink.png

I dunno, Mary Lou...

If Obama wins.... I hope this will not be the case but there may still be endless, repetitive, multiple threads posted... with repeating posts in other threads as well just in case we missed it the first ten times... bolded, highlighted and [SIZE=14pt]REALLY[/SIZE] EMPHASIZED ... with voter fraud conspiracies joining the usual menu...

I hope I am wrong.
default_unsure.png

I'd hope we'd be willing to do the same for you.
With all due respect - that has not been the case.

I only backed off the other threads a bit as it became apparent that a few cared very little about actual facts... but favoured some spin or even the outright fables at times. And when facts were presented it often made little to no difference to the discussion. Then you were just seen as swimming in kool-aid or brain-washed or whatever.

Sometimes it is just best to let the drama play itself out... and respectful debate and discussions can always be found elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back